Skip to main content

Hello,
Now I’m using a 100 MB/s internet subscription but my wifi speed is only 50MB/s even my laptop or ipad or mobile phone is very close by the Experia Box V10 modem. Is it because of Experia Box V10?

If I use the wired connection then the speed is around 92 MB/s which is ok. 

Previously my internet subscription is from Telfort (TFT subscription and max downspeed is 50MB/s) and the wifi speed is around 48MB/s. I’ve just switched to 100 MB/s with higher cost but the wifi speed is almost the same as the previous cheaper Telfort subscription.

Can someone please help me? How can I make my wifi speed better?

Many thanks and kind regards,
Duc

Also during the day the wifi sometimes drops and I need to reset the button. 

I forgot to mention that I was a Telfort customer for more than 2 years. I’m still using their modem. So is it the case that this Telfort modem doesn’t support more than 50MB?

Hi @Duc Luu . Welcome to the forum.

What kind of experiabox do you have? The earlier models support only 2,4ghz. bandwidth

Hello @Erwin_ 
I have a v10 Experia box. 

The v10 is more than capable of transmitting high wifi speeds. It has a 5Ghz band. 

Can you check if your phones/tablets/laptops suppert 5Ghz? Did you ever make any changes in the v10? If not it should transmit a 5Ghz signal.

This signal is only effective if you connect to it while the V10 is in the same room.