Skip to main content

Good afternoon,

today I got my KPN package installed by a technician and it is working as intended. I have a working Internet connection and the TV is also working.
I accessed the modem settings and did a few changes. (I did not touch any DNS settings however)

I checked the logs for any errors or warnings and I get many different DNS errors, namely:

• `DNS name resolution failure (lb._dns-sd._udp.kpn)`
  • `DNS name resolution failure (wpad.kpn)`
  • `DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.WORKGROUP.kpn)`

I don’t see any other errors or warning next to these Debug logs.

Given that everything is working as intended, what should I do, if anything, to clear up the logs and fix these warnings/ errors?

The modem is the KPN Box 12 and I’m using a few SuperWifi repeaters throughout the house.

Thanks in advance!
Best,

Frank

Hi @Frank101! Welcome here :blush:. When you're nog facing any difficulties, you don't need to do anything. But, it's always good to ask. I think it's odd that you see these errors. There must be something that's causing them. Are those recurring error-codes? F.e. every 15 minutes or so? 

Hi Lisa, thanks for your answer.

Yes, the errors are indeed recurring and they happen even multiple times per minute (see the screenshot below).

It’s working fine, but I’m still curious what could be causing this.

I'm also curious. I have no clue what this means, so I will ask someone who does. Can you please add your subscription details to your Forumprofile? I need  your postalcode, housenr. and subscriptionnumber. 

Should be all filled in. Thanks for your help!

Thank you! I'll let you know when I get a response. 

..In case my colleague wants to know. What changes did you make in the settings of the modem? 

I only changed the SSID name and default credentials. Nothing else.