Skip to main content

I have a new kpn super wifi point 2.0 (black). I wanted to connect my ip camera with the LAN ports provided in the KPN superwifi point. But unfortunately it is not showing the network. I have tried connecting my laptop with the same LAN ports and it worked fine. Could you please guide me with the ip camera not connecting?

As I understand, ip camera needs 2.4 ghz band but superwifi points first preference is always 5ghz. is it the cause? If yes, how can I switch off the 5ghz band or what is the alternative?

Hello @AmitSehgal 

How long did you leave the camera connected to the SW point, it sometimes can take a while for it to detect that there is a device connected to the LAN port.
Is the LAN port of the camera active? Maybe it’s switched off in the camera settings.
You also could try if it works if you place a switch between the SW and the camera.

If you want to use the camera with 2.4GHz WiFi then you can setup an Extra WiFi network, see this article how to do that:

Hello @GeSp ,

Thank you for your reply!

I leave them connected for long enogh. Router web-interface did show that it’s LAN is connected but there’s no ip address attached to it. I am not sure if the camra LAN is off. I tried adding it as extra wifi as well. but no luck. 

Also, I tried adding  poe switch between camera and SW but no luck there as well

@AmitSehgal Welcome to our forum. 

What you could, and maybe should do is the second option @GeSp offers. 

Hello @AmitSehgal 

How long did you leave the camera connected to the SW point, it sometimes can take a while for it to detect that there is a device connected to the LAN port.
Is the LAN port of the camera active? Maybe it’s switched off in the camera settings.
You also could try if it works if you place a switch between the SW and the camera.

If you want to use the camera with 2.4GHz WiFi then you can setup an Extra WiFi network, see this article how to do that:

The link in his reaction explains how to make a 2.4 Ghz network. I think that the camera's should be connected to that. 

Â