Skip to main content
Beantwoord

Migratie USG-3p naar UXG-Lite

• 11 September 2024
  • 3 reacties
  • 31 keer bekeken

Goedendag,

Ik heb al reeds een aantal jaar een USG-3P in de meterkast die perfect zijn werk doet. Destijds een custom json configuratie aangemaakt die aangevuld wordt door de config van de Unifi Controller. Ik had de custom config nodig omdat ik destijds nog de kpn tv kastjes in huis had en de vpn config niet helemaal lekker werkte binnen unifi. Nu kijken we via de KPN app op onze samsung tv’s en zou ik wellicht sommige stukken uit de config moeten kunnen halen. Nu is mijn vraag, heeft iemand al de overstap gemaakt vanuit een soortgelijke situatie?

Gisteren geprobeerd de UXG in het netwerk te krijgen. Maar ik had geen internet. Dat zal wel met de PPPOE instellingen te maken hebben gehad. Ik ging er vanuit dat de UXG dit stukje van de USG config gepusht zou krijgen vanuit de Unifi controller. Ik heb daarna maar weer de USG geadopteerd omdat ik vandaag weer vanuit huis moet werken.

Ik ben iemand die graag dingen zelf uitzoekt maar als iemand het wiel al heeft uitgevonden zou ik graag de kennis willen overnemen :) 

Alvast bedankt voor jullie tijd en input.

mvg,

Sil

Ik heb vandaag het reeds zelf allemaal aan de praat gekregen. Als iemand vragen heeft hoor ik het graag.

Ik heb hieronder de info in het Engels opgeschreven en de stappen die ik heb gedaan. Als ik screenshots moet toevoegen hoor ik het graag. Ik hoop dat ik iemand hiermee kan helpen.

Unifi USG-3p to UXG-Lite migration v1.0 (11-09-2024)

Extra info: UXG default user/password = ui/ui

Extra info:

I removed the config.gateway.json file on the controller for the USG. All the config that I did not need anymore I removed from the config file and added config like PPPOE and vlan in the controller itself.
This was pre-configured in the config.gateway file. I provisioned the USG again to check that everything was still working when the controller config only was pushed to the USG. The controller only config worked on the USG. This is the first time that I provisioned the USG without the config.gateway file.
This was done with the last USG firmware is 4.4.56. The Unifi controller is running on Network 8.4.59.

Prerequisite:     

For me it worked because I do not have Voip from KPN and I do not use the tv receivers from KPN.

I only have smart tv’s with KPN TV app’s. 

Your network controller must have a fixed ip. Also you pc/laptop that you will use to do the configurations from also needs to have a fixed ip to be able to reach the controller. I have a Unifi 8 port switch connecting everything with the USG connected to port 1.  When removing the USG you will loose your Wifi connectivity.

Steps I took to migrate to the UXG-Lite

1.     Connected my laptop to the LAN port of the UXG. My LAN network is 192.168.2.0/24 and my default GW ip address is on the USG is 192.168.2.254. I then changed the ip address of my laptop to 192.168.1.2 as the UXG will have ip 192.168.1.1 configured by default on it’s LAN interface. Then in the webgui of the UGX I changed the ip of the LAN port to 192.168.2.98. ( can be any other ip in the subnet 192.168.2.0/24). For you it might be another subnet.

2.     Before you connect the UXG to your LAN switch please open the Unifi controller and change to another Site. I created site "Adopt". Now you can connect the UXG LAN port to your LAN Switch. The UXG will appear there and not on your home/default site where the current USG is adopted.

3.     Now the UXG will appear in your site "Adopt". Here you can adopt it and updrade the UXG if needed. (No issues yet). This worked 100% for me.

4.  I removed the USG from my main/default site. I then went to the adopt site where the UXG is. I changed the ip address of the UXG from 192.168.2.98 to 192.168.2.254.
Then I used the option move to another site. I moved the UXG to my main site. After I did the move I quickly removed the cables from my USG and moved them to the UXG. The UGX was moved, adopted and provisoned instantly and all was working fine!

This was my Plan B but was not needed:

Disconnect the LAN and WAN cable from the USG. Then wait for it to be offline in the Controller so      that you can remove it. When the USG is not more in the list change the ip address of the UXG to          192.168.2.254 before you move it to your other site. Wait until the UXG is adopted in the other site.

Hi @Nostradamus1977, wat ontzetten fijn dat je de moeite hebt genomen om hier te laten weten hoe je het werkend hebt gekregen. Bedankt hiervoor, andere meelezers kunnen hier veel aan hebben. 

Graag gedaan!

Reageer