Skip to main content

Hello, everyone.

Starting from today, my home connection with KPN should be activated.

However, it does not work and it could be possible that I have a problem with the modem.

In my house I have just two kinds of internet/phone connections: one with the coaxial cable, and one with the ethernet (RJ45).

In order to connect the modem to the phone line, I am connecting the RJ45 cable to the modem (to one of the ethernet ports - I have also tried the WAN port, though).

Should I receive internet in this way?

Otherwise, I believe I should give the modem back and (try to) end the contract with KPN…

Thank you very much in advance.

Hello @Xemnad can you please place a picture of your connection within this topic?

Hi @Xemnad , only if you have a glass fibre connection the KPN modem is connected via the WAN port. Otherwise you connect the phone connection to the DSL port via a RJ11 connector.

The phone connection normally looks like one of these:

Or:De Glasvezelmannetjes | KPN Community

So, here are the cables I have

and here is what I was trying to achieve:

…but I have also tried the Ethernet ports - are they just of output?

Unfortunately I don’t have an RJ11 connection available…

Hi @Xemnad , I think the white box just visible bottom right on the first picture looks like the connection to use. Connect the KPN Box port DSL with a RJ11 cable to this white box.

Didn’t you receive a set of cables from KPN? 

Oh, I didn’t even notice that the other box was also for the internet connection! Thanks!

Do you mean this way?

However, I am still not receiving the internet connection (the internet led is flashing).

I received the activation message around 9am - should I wait some time for the internet to be activated?

Or it might be possible the cable is faulty and I need a technician?

Hello @Xemnad when I see the poor quality of the IS/RA-connection, you better ask for a technician.

Well...I don’t know whether it is faulty or not.

However, apparently, the modem is still not connected to the internet (I have also tried a reset).

When I try to look for the IP address on the KPN website, it says to me: “We kunnen uw modem niet bereiken. Controleer of uw modem aan staat en/of probeer het later opnieuw.”

Hi @Xemnad , did you try both connections on the white box, not only the right hand side?

If that doesn't work either, better call KPN at 0800-0402 and ask for an technician. 

Dear @RBxx , indeed, inserting the cable on the right everything is working!

Thank you very, very much for all the help! You saved my day!

(Probably I was just too stupid to understand, or try, all these things!)

Good to hear @Xemnad that you succeeded with my help. Sometimes a solution can be so simple 😁