Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a Experia v10 Modem and 2 KPN WiFi versterkers (Experia Wifi).

The problem is that I need to turn off 5Ghz because my WiFi speakers keep switching between 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz and disconnecting the music stream when in use.

I would prefer to use the stronger 2.4Ghz WiFi only to stop the bandsteering automatically switching between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz and interrutping the music stream

Is it possible to switch off 5Ghz on the WiFi versterkers? 

5GHz is disabled on the Experia v10 modem before beginning the versterker setup.

When I setup the WiFi versterkers, WiFi is disabled on the Experia V10 modem and the versterkers enable both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 
I cannot disable 5Ghz on the wifi versterkers

Experia v10 Modem
Model:                     H369A
Hardware Version     v1.00
Software                   v1.01.01T01.9
Bootloader                v1.0.00

WiFi Versterker (x2)
Experia WiFi

Firmware:    1.00.29v4

Hi @marky123, welcome. 

The Experia WiFi's will turn off the WiFi on the V10. They also use band steering as you already know. Due to that it is not possible to turn of the 5Ghz. 

Is it possible to disable 5GHz wifi on the KPN WiFi versterkers, used on a network with a later modem version e.g. Experia v10a instead of an Experia v10?

Is it possible to disable 5GHz wifi on the KPN WiFi versterkers, used on a network with a later modem version e.g. Experia v10a instead of an Experia v10?

They also use band steering as you already know. Due to that it is not possible to turn of the 5Ghz. 

This is nonsense, KPN could also provide the option to disable a band or allow the use of different SSID's for the bands and disable bandsteering in such cases. The wifi equipment of KPN (Experia Boxes, Experia WiFi's and "super"WiFi's) is worldwide the exception as on almost any other dual WiFi router/accesspoint it is possible to define different SSID's or disable a band. That's also how it should be! (Best practices.)

I sincerely hope that KPN will implement this is the near future as the current implementation of bandsteering and the restrictions with respect to SSID's lead to many problems for a lot of customers.