Skip to main content

I want to switch to my own modem. To get my sip credentials tried using servicetools.kpn.com. it asks me to select a VOIP number. But I dont have a voip number.

How can I get my sip credentials to use my own modem?

Is your number registered by KPN?

it asks me to select a VOIP number.

www.kpn.com/sip 

By using the button:   “VOIP SIP-gegevens bekijken”

its should show your KPN VOIP number, and other VOIP credentials.

Password you have to set yourself by the button:  “Wachtwoord instellen”

But I dont have a voip number.

Do you have a  KPN  phone number active?
When not having a KPN  “fixed line”  phone account, also no VOIP number is active.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I only have Internet Only (Glasvezel) from KPN. On the website www.kpn.com/sip  after clicking on “VoIP SIP-gegevens bekijken” It asks me to select my phone number (Selecteer je VoIP nummer), but the dropdown is empty. I dont have a KPN “fixed line” phone account. Does this mean I can not use my own modem?

Apparently you have a phone number at a different provider than KPN.

You need get the SIP details from the provider that has your telephone number.

If your modem/router has also supports SIP you will probably be able to use this, otherwise you'll need an separate ATA to do this work. Without further details about your SIP provider and modem we can only guess.

VOIP is an extra optional service for your internet subscription. If you do not use VOIP at KPN, then these login details do not apply.

Hi, I dont have any SIP phone number from any provider. I have Internet only from KPN and my GSM (mobile) provider is youfone. Unfortunately I dont have any fixed line or VoiP or SIP phone number from any provider.

Currently I have a ZTE Experia Box v10 and below is the VOIP setting in the modem:

What can I do?

VOIP is an extra optional service for your internet subscription. If you do not use VOIP at KPN, then these login details do not apply.

Okay. Then to use my modem I also need to replace the INT device. I was hoping to just replace the modem and keep using KPN’s ONT device.

Hi, I dont have any SIP phone number from any provider.

With no VOIP SIP account from any provider, you can not do anything with settings related to VOIP.
It is not functional.

Then to use my modem I also need to replace the INT device.
I was hoping to just replace the modem and keep using KPN’s ONT device.

Replacing the ONT is not an option. Keep it that way as it is the base main connection.
If you want to use your own router, and it do have an ethernet WAN port.

And it is possible to set PPPoE for WAN connection  +  VLAN 6  for WAN-port at your own device.
You can use your own router.

Then to use my modem I also need to replace the INT device.
I was hoping to just replace the modem and keep using KPN’s ONT device.

Replacing the ONT is not an option. Keep it that way as it is the base main connection.
If you want to use your own router, and it do have an ethernet WAN port.

And it is possible to set PPPoE for WAN connection  +  VLAN 6  for WAN-port at your own device.
You can use your own router.

Okay, 

To be clear, I need to connect the WAN port of my router to KPN ONT device via an etehrnet cable. Then set WAN Connection Type to PPPoE. Then something related to VLAN 6 (which I still need to figure out). 

However when I change WAN Connection Type to PPPoE on my router it also expects a username, password and a lot of other data in 2nd screenshot. My assumption was  www.kpn.com/sip  would provide me the user name and password similar to what is present in the modem from KPN:

Any suggestions on what the values to be used in my own modem for authentication? Authentication drop down has Auto, PAP and CHAP as available options

However when I change WAN Connection Type to PPPoE on my router it also expects a username, password and a lot of other data in 2nd screenshot. My assumption was  www.kpn.com/sip  would provide me the user name and password similar to what is present in the modem from KPN:

You can fill in anything here. There are no credential checks performed at the KPN side.
For me, in my own router I use:
Username: internet
Password: internet

It’s in Dutch, but here’s the details for connecting your own equipment.

https://kpn.com/w3/file?uuid=563993a1-e48a-485a-90a8-7389c5d6f5d4&owner=8de86c61-bdc8-4848-872e-e5b380e682fc&contentid=50183&mode=incontext

You can fill in anything here. There are no credential checks performed at the KPN side.
For me, in my own router I use:
Username: internet
Password: internet

I tried it for almost an hour. This did not work. Tried with 2 different modems, bothe did were not able to get IP from ISP. PPPoE did not work for me. Do you also have fiber connection with aansluitingstype XGSPON ?

Thanks for sharing this. I have aansluitingstype XGSPON, and as per this document it says if I have XGSPON then I need to use my own XGSPON ONT and also have to register it with KPN with via https://www.kpn.com/service/eigen-apparatuur.htm 

I'm not 100% sure, for me it was not necessary but I had an existing ONT that was installed and registered by a KPN service engineer. Simply unplugging the KPN box and plugging my own router was sufficient.

@WaseemAkhtar 

If i read your posts correctly and looking at the pictures you posted , it seems you want to interchange your KPN V10 modem with an Asus router model XXXX?

If yes, you can follow the below topic where i posted the correct settings for an Asus router for internet only from KPN. Please note that the values for MTU and MRU are set default to 1492 and should work fine.

@WaseemAkhtar

If i read your posts correctly and looking at the pictures you posted , it seems you want to interchange your KPN V10 modem with an Asus router model XXXX?

If yes, you can follow the below topic where i posted the correct settings for an Asus router for internet only from KPN. Please note that the values for MTU and MRU are set default to 1492 and should work fine.

This worked perfectly. Excatly what I was looking for. Thanks you so much @Radioman