Skip to main content

Hi, 

sorry for writing in English, but my dutch isn’t that great and I wanna make sue I do understand any replies properly.

I have following problem, I’m using an Asus RT-AC68U as my only router and that worked like a charm until today. Today, my connection was changed from 50Mbit to 200Mbit and all of a sudden, no connection at all anymore.

In the router’s settings I get a message that ‘Your ISP’s DHCP does not function properly.’

I’ve powered off and on again, both the router and the wall box (don’t really know the name of it. It’s where the WAN cable comes out) to no success. I’ve followed the instructions on kpn’s choose your own modem site but no success either. I’ve noticed that when I enter credentials (e.g. internet / internet) the connection status changes to ‘Disconnected’, so doesn’t seem I need it (?). 

I’m running out of ideas what to try. 

Is there some specific configuration changes between 50Mbit and 200Mbit on KPN?

I have tried now as well with the Experia box v10 I had still lying around but no luck with that one either. No internet at all.

Welcome here @akettler! I'm sorry for my late response. We should have spotted your topic sooner. From reading your topic, I would recommend you to use the V10 at first and see if the connection works with the V10. Sadly this didn't work out at all. If you agree, I'll take a look at your connection in our system and see if somethings’ wrong with the new connection. Could you provide your profile with your personal details? Postal code, house number, and customer number would be great! 

Am I correct when I think you had a Telfort subscription and that the change of the contracted bandwidth implied that you now have a KPN Hussel subscription?

We haven't heard from you again @akettler, do you still need our assistance? If so, can you please update your profiel and give me a heads up if you’ve done so? I'd like to run a diagnostic on your line, to see if I can find any errors!

I have a nice manual but only written in Dutch and that works like a charm with the asus router. I will give you the link and hopefully you can at least read a bit of Dutch.

https://bashoogers.nl/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/V4_HANDLEIDING_EIGENROUTERKPN.pdf

thanks a lot everybody for the suggestions.

I had a mechanic from KPN help me fix the problem Friday morning.

Seems there was some problem at the nearest network central that was indeed unfixable from my home. 

But now everything works fine!

Great! Thanks for letting us know 🙂.