Skip to main content

Hello.

I decided to try KPN when I moved to my new house. My address was listed as available for KPN so I decided to give it a try. I received the equipment and asked for help with installation.

Few weeks after that KPN technician arrived to the address but he wasn’t able to connect the router because the house is actually not connected to KPN. He told me that they have to drill the wall in order to get the cable inside the apartment. This wan’t an option since I just finished renovating the apartment. The KPN technician told me that the easiest solution is to cancel the contract and try another provider for which the house actually have working connection/outlet. He also asked my permission to cancel the contract for me and I agreed.

After a while I noticed that I’m still getting emails from KPN. I checked the app and the contract wasn’t canceled. I tried to cancel myself but KPN support have told me that the grace period for free cancelation is over (it’s only 14 days). They also told me that I can still cancel but I’ll have to pay cancellation fee which is around 900 euros.

I think that the grace period is there to let the customer try the service first and decide is it good or not. I wasn’t even able to try it. The KPN router was never connected at my address. There is no access point. Not even a single byte was transferred from the KPN network to my home network. And I’m already paying for the “service” which doesn’t exist for about two months + visit from the technician. I want my money back or at least free contract cancelation. 

Hi @Evgenii , looks like the technician never cancelled the subscription. In all, the current situation seems rather unfair.

If you leave your personal data in your profile (only visible for KPN staff), maybe a community moderator can look into this.

You may also call 0800-0402, but you then have the chance of speaking someone who isn’t fluent in English.

You may also call 0800-0402, but you then have the chance of speaking someone who isn’t fluent in English.

Thank you for your reply.

I already called this number and they told me that they can’t do anything and my best chance is to write a complaint (which I did).

Reageer