Skip to main content

Hi KPN team,

After installing Fiber optic at our building, a KPN guy came to our apartment and proposed a welcome package:

• 50Mbps Internet, 10euros discount for the first 3 months
  • 2 SuperWifi punten (wifi extenders) for free
  • We specifically didnot opt for any TV

After the meeting, we got an email from KPN with a summary, everything is good.

Then came another email, with more documents which apparently have different details of the subscription: No free wifi extender, 1 TV (10,-- per month). I was too lazy to check these documents (really didn’t expect this to happen). 

I only know until yesterday when they came and did the installation. They installed 1 wifi extender and asked us to pay. Calling kpn service this morning and was promised to cancel the bill for the extender (but not giving an extra one as the original agreement). Also, they said it’s not possible to cancel the TV in the first month, only from the second month.

I looked up the Internet and saw that the original offer is a welcome package for new clients (https://www.kpn.com/aanbiedingen.htm?campaignid=ps:s=go:t=ResidentialAdwords:c=KPN+-+RSD+-+sbrd+-+1P+-+Internet:d=Internet:co=kpn%20internet:id=71700000097541766:f1=kpn+internet:f2=p&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8qTx3JWR-gIVafx3Ch0XWwRbEAAYASABEgLELvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds). So, it’s surprise to me that they don’t want to correct my subscription.

Now I am feeling like being scammed. Also a lesson to always check properly what they sent.

Hopefully someone can help turn around my negative impression of KPN.

Thanks!

Screenshots:

• First document
  • Second document: (which I didn’t check) 
  • After the installation