Skip to main content

KPN is charging on my invoice 10€ per month for a service I never subsribed to: ESR TV.

I repeat, I never subscribed to. Nor via an app, nor via a SMS, nor via a website.

After contacting the customer desk, I have been told that I should ESR TV to end a contract, I never subscribed to. How insane that is.

KPN allows 3rd party companies to invoice me, without have proper controls.

Legally speaking, I never gave my consent to subscripe to ESR TV, or to use KPN pay or similar services from KPN that incurred additional charges.

Hi @idinina and welcome to our forum! I can understand the surprise when there's a charge on your invoice you don't recognize, especially if you haven't subscribed to it yourself. First, make sure no one else in the household has had the possibility of ordering ESR TV. If that's not the case, have a look through our ESR TV subscription topic. Bram's answer there explains the different ways in which the subscription can be ordered, I'll put them here as well translated, for ease of reading: 

About ESR TV:

ESR TV is a paid service. You can sign up for this in two ways:

Via the ESR TV app (can be downloaded from the various app stores)
Via banners that are visible in some games/apps/your browser and lead you to the ESR TV website.
Payment is made in two different ways:

Via premium SMS. You can then unsubscribe via payinfo.nl
Via KPN Pay. You can then unsubscribe via e-bill.mobi.
It is important to know that in both cases you will receive a confirmation by text message.

Further explanation about payment with KPN Pay:

If you are going to pay for ESR TV via KPN Pay, click on 'continue'. You will then receive an overview containing information about the costs and how to pay them. If you click on 'pay now', you agree that the service uses your mobile phone number for identification and settlement of the costs. Because KPN Pay is automatically enabled on your mobile subscription, you do not have to go through any other steps. Clicking on 'pay now' is sufficient to enter into a subscription. The contracting party of the subscription is responsible for ensuring that the user of the device only registers for this if this is desired. Signing out is easy via e-bill.mobi.

More information about paying with KPN Pay can be found on our website. ESR TV is also mentioned there as an example at the bottom of the page. We also have an article on the forum explaining KPN Pay.