Skip to main content

How do I go about terminating my contract with KPN when they are unable to furnish internet services at my new address?

I notified KPN of my move in the first week of December 2023.
On December 12th, KPN sent an email stating that there is no KPN connection point at the new address. Upon calling KPN on December 13th, I was advised to cancel the contract via the opzeggen email address.

Despite sending four emails to the opzeggen email address since December 21st, along with all required documents such as the latest invoice, BRK registration with the new address, email report of the move with KPN, the KPN email indicating "Geen aansluitpunt aanwezig" (no connection point present), customer ID, and telephone contact details, I have yet to receive confirmation of contract cancellation.

After waiting for 14 days, I called 0800 0402 to request cancellation several times. However, I am still unable to cancel the contract, even though KPN acknowledged their inability to provide internet services at the new address and instructed me to cancel the contract. I diligently followed KPN's procedure by reporting the move on the website and receiving an email confirmation from KPN regarding the inability to provide internet services.

It is disheartening to find myself obligated to pay a high subscription for a service that KPN cannot deliver, especially when I am willing to cancel the contract as advised by KPN. This situation seems unjust, as I am not the instigator of the cancellation, yet I am compelled to continue paying for a service that KPN cannot provide

Hello @Cancel contract ,

Call again with 0800-0402.

Hi @Cancel contract, welcome on our board. 

Did you succeed in the meantime to terminate your contract due to KPN not being able to provide internet on your new address? 

Hi @Alex van KPN ,

I am still waiting for a reply from opzeggen team. Unfortunately, there is no KPN connection point at my address. I have receive msg below from KPN, and then I called KPN in which I was advised to cancel a contract via opzeggen email address.

We hebben je verhuizing per 22 december ontvangen. Er is op je nieuwe adres xxxx helaas geen KPNaansluitpunt aanwezig. Hierdoor kunnen we KPN Internet 100 Mbit/s niet leveren.

Let me check this for you. Would you please fill in your profile with your postal code and house number? Let me know when it's done. 

Hi @Alex van KPN ,

Thank you so much for following up. I just received a confirmation from KPN this morning that my contract is now cancelled. :) 

Hi @Alex van KPN ,

Thank you so much for following up. I just received a confirmation from KPN this morning that my contract is now cancelled. :) 

I more than want to take credit for this, but I haven't done anything. Glad to hear everything is working well. 🙂