Skip to main content

Hi all,

KPN has been dealing very irresponsibly with my personal data and I was wondering if there are more people facing the same issue.

Around two years ago I switched from KPN to another provider and right after that I contacted KPN to remove all my personal data from their systems as per GDPR.

They confirmed that they removed all my personal data. However, last month I received an advertisement email from KPN in my personal mailbox. The email was sent to the email address which they said they had removed from their databases and even more concerning was that they mentioning my name in that email. This was off course very concerning to me. So from 10 days ago I contacted KPN through email several times and requested an explanation and removal of my personal data but they just don’t respond. This is just very unacceptable and I’m thinking of taking some serious steps as they don’t seem to be willing to respect the privacy of the customers.

To make matters worse, I received an email from them stating that they created a new email address for me. The ridicules thing is that the email address they created for me is noreply@kpn.nl See the screenshot.

I’m wondering if anyone else has similar experience with KPN. If so, did you managed to have them removing your personal data? Or are you 100% sure that your data is actually removed or the just said they removed your data while keeping it.

Any help appreciated

Admin: bericht aangepast op basis van onze huisregels

Hi @Noreply, this is strange. 

May I ask: how did you request the removal of your data? 

The right way to delete everything is to e-mail us. The e-mail address is rechtenavg@kpn.com  Please provide us with your name and address so we know what we need to remove. 

Thank you in advance. 

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your message. It is indeed very strange. The other strange thing is that I have sent several emails to different departments within KPN including rechtenavg@kpn.com but I never got any response from them. See the screenshots and let me know if you need even more screenshots.

I requested the removal while I called the customer service. The emplyee back then confirmed that they will remove all my personal data. That was more than a year ago.

Could you please help me with some suggestions? I can’t understand how KPN can be so disrespectful towards the privacy of the customers.

This is one email

Also see:
This is another email

Hi @Noreply, Alex is enjoying his vacation, that's why I'm replying in your topic now. 

I'm sorry to hear about this situation and the fact that you haven't heard anything back on your e-mails. Through this forum, we cannot remove your information from our systems, we simply do not have this option. What I can do though, is to create a ticket for you with this request. My colleagues will look into it and help you to solve this. 

If you'd like me to do this, can you fill out your forum profile with your name, address, e-mailaddress and other important information? Then I can look up your information in our systems and create a ticket for you. 

Hi Alexandra, 

thanks for your comment. Can I send these information to you through email? I prefer that rather than sharing them here. 

You can send the information in a private message to Alexandra (click).

Alexandra asks you to fill in your forum profile (click) with the needed information.

Hi, I’m not sure what the problem is but neither of these links you shared actually work. Could you please provide me with a solution that works? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I’m not sure what the problem is but neither of these links you shared actually work. Could you please provide me with a solution that works? Thanks in advance.

This link used by wjb should definately work! https://community.kpn.com/settings/profile 

Reageer