Skip to main content

Hi,

in September I took the overnight ferry to travel to the UK and as we arrived on the boat I had turned my phone off as I did not have access to wifi nor did I want to use it anyways. This was at approx 21.50h and the ferry took off at just after 22h. However I was charged twice for a satellite connection - once at 22:21 and again at 23:56 (when I was definitely asleep and still, my phone was turned off and so was roaming). 

I have tried several times to contact the customer service about this. 

Once I had a person that did not speak english (and my dutch is not fluent enough for such a specific case). Then I had a person that told me to go to KPN.com/klacht and report my problem there - which brings you back to the FAQ's and ends with having to call the customer service.

Then I had a person that told me they weren't authorized to make any decision like that and that they could not help me.

So I went to the actual store in Utrecht and was told that they could not help me there, I had to call customer service for this or try the KPN store in Nieuwegein?!

I don't recall to have ever had such a terrible experience with any customer service and at this point I feel like it's just a way of making people give up and move on. Which I would it the charges weren't nearly 40€ for something I did not use. 

So what are my options at this point? If customer service can't help me then who can?

Many thanks,

Tina

So the KPN Utrecht store send you to Nieuwegein because they are an KPN XL shop, it is an retail store with 1 or 2 people who deal with complex customer service questions.

I cannot explain how the phone customer service works, I don't have enough experience with them to know if they can handle an situation like this, I think they do but from your experience maybe not.

This forum is mostly for users helping users but you really need help from KPN. In that case make sure that your forum profile is filled in with your personal details. An KPN modarator will react usually between one and three days.

My forum name is green, indicating that I work for KPN, but I'm an KPN technician for internet at home and reacting on my own time because I like this forum. Good luck with your case.

Hi @TinavdB, welcome to our forum. I don't see your details on your profile yet, as Ik_Hussel suggested. I hope that means you've visited that store and it was cleared up there.