Skip to main content

I have received an invoice where i was charged 3 times the amount. And the description in the invoice does not make sense

Hi @AnnaKoeg, welcome to our forum. What kind of invoice are we talking about, is it an invoice for a mobile subscription or a for home connection? Have you changed something in your subscription, which might have caused it? Can you tell us more about it? You can also post a screenshot from the specification of the invoice (make sure your customer number and other privacy date are hidden), so we can take a look at it with you.

Hello Jasper,

It is the invoice for my mobile suscription.

I have been charged extra for INTERNET USAGE ABROAD when i was in FRANCE.

I have used 649MB according to my invoice and have been charged a total of 60.5 euros for it (see invoice screenshot below).

I have checked the european rules on Mobile data usage abroad (within Europe) and there is a cap of 3 euros (excl. VAT) that can be charge per GB. I used 0.625GB. (see screenshot of the European website + link https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/internet-telecoms/mobile-roaming-costs/index_en.htm)

Best,

Anna

admin: removed screenshot for privacy

Hi @AnnaKoeg , it’s better for your privacy to remove the 06-number from your screenshot.
Edit your message via the three dots bottom right and then ‘Bewerk’.

Hi @AnnaKoeg 

With your subscription “Unlimited data” you should have had no amount charged at all for data usage in France. Up to 25GB per month in the EU countries is included in this subscription.
There are exceptions however. For example, did you travel by ferry (eg from/to the UK)?
On board you’re connected with a satellite system with high prices.

Check your invoice page 3 and further, where the usage is specified by country.

If you were in France, there shouldn't be extra cost for mobile internet, just like Ruud said. I'm wondering the same thing he is wondering, can you tell us?

Can you also fill out your profile, with the 06-number, the postal code, house number, name and date of birth of the subscriber and the last 3 digits of the IBAN? Make sure to only fill out the options that have "Privé” next to them for privacy. That way I'll be able to look at this too.

Hi both,

Thanks for your answers. No i have not travelled by ferry at all.

I have completed my profile :)

Anna

Thank you @AnnaKoeg, I still need the last 3 digits of your IBAN before I can take a look at this. Can you add those aswell to your profile? You can put those at "Persoonlijke opmerkingen”.

Hi jasper

done thank you 

Thanks, I've taken a look at it. Have you only been in France? The charge of 60.50 was on Januaru 6th and it was registered as usage in USA/Canada. On that day a text message was also send to you that you were in that region. Have you been there around that date?

Hello Jasper, 

yes I went to the US but I did not use internet there. What was I charged for ?

best, anna

The charge was for internet usage. We can't see what internet usage it was specifically, for privacy reasons. It might have been something in the background or something else. All I know is data usage has been registered on an American network.

Hello Jasper,

Thank you for the information.

how can I raise a complaint for this ? I am very unhappy that I was charged for something I did not use.

Best,

Anna

Hi @AnnaKoeg, did you switch your ‘roaming’ and ‘mobile data’ off? Smartphones connect with internet on their own, so if you don't manually block (or switch off) the internet, costs will be made. You could raise a complaint, but if the network detects that your smartphone has been using mobile internet, you will not receive a refund.