Skip to main content

Dear KPN,

On 31 May, 2022, a KPN staff Ms. S knocked my door and tried to persuade me and my wife to switch TV and internet service from Ziggo to KPN. She promised us that she will take care of canceling the subscription of Ziggo, and we needed not to worried about it. Because we complained a lot about the extreme difficulty to contact Ziggo by telephone, esp. for us who do not know Dutch. Considering that KPN promised to make the overstap service was a very attractive offer, we agreed to shifting to KPN. She sent me straight away via an e-mail (under the title “Controleer uw bestelling”) the “agreement” in which included the overstapservice "Levering: Installatiedatum Binnen 2 tot 4 weken; Huidige provider: Ziggo ; Opzeggen provider: Ik wil gebruik maken van de overstapservice".  We went throught the written “agreement”with Ms.S together and confirmed said we will use overstapservice provided by KPN. In addtion, we also found on KPN website: www.kpn.com/thuis/overstappen.htm that "Overstappen naar KPN met Internet & TV : Gratis overstapservice: wij regelen alles voor je", which is clearly stated that overstap service is an offer provided to those who would like  to switch to KPN. So I trusted that KPN would be responsible to communicate with Ziggo for the cancellation.

Unfortunately, we found a few days ago, Ziggo is still charging me for TV and internet services, which means that I double paid for 7 months. I called Ziggo on 31, Jan. 2023, the Ziggo staff told us that nobody ever inform them to cancel the subscription. I felt so disappointed for KPN, and could not understand why its staff broke the promise. I called KPN to complain the issue, the KPN staff told me that they sent an “order confirmation” via e-mail to me in June last year,, which states you'll have to end the services from another provider yourself.  Therefore, KPN can't refund us anything. The e-mail sent by Ms. S which contained the agreed terms by both side, including that we have already selected to use KPN overstapservice, was discarded.  

After the call, we searched through our e-mail inbox and found an letter named “Bedankt voor uw bestelling“ on June 7, 2022, which contains a paragraph ''Hebt u nu diensten van een andere aanbieder? Dan moet u deze bij uw huidige aanbieder opzeggen''. This email was sent with two other emails on installation, appointment on the same date.

We do not think this is the right way for KPN to do business and to treat its customer. We relied on your advertisement on your website, on your staff’s representation made to us when she came to our house (and later documented via email) and we trusted the professionality of your staff, those were the main reasons why we agreed to switching from Ziggo to KPN. We truly believe what has been documented in the email sent to us by Ms. S reflected the complete understanding between KPN and us. Further, she never mentioned to us that we have to select “overstaphulp” on your website separately by ourselves. It is your omission that caused our financial loss by double payment to two providers over months. Our experience of your customer services was not near we had come to expect from you.  

We hope KPN can solve the problem friendly. 

I want to file a complaint about KPN overstappen service. Where can I file the complaint?

Admin: reactie samengevoegd met bestaand topic

Hi @Daqun, welcome to our forum! I'm afraid I don't really have a solution for this here either.
If the confirmation states that we're not cancelling your old subscription we can't cancel the old subscription ór refund the costs.