Skip to main content

Hello team, 

I changed from the normal internet to the fiber one in November 2021. However, you didn’t cancel my old subscription until this September. Which means, you have deducted twice every month from November 2021 till August 2022. 

How can I get my money back?

Thanks

Hi @double payment refund and welcome to our forum! I'm not sure what the exact situation is here. If you change your existing subscription then it's impossible to get a double invoice. You’re only changing the one subscription you have after all. If, however, you’ve applied for a new subscription then it is possible to get double invoices. You’re responsible for cancelling the subscription you’d no longer be using then, we don't check whether subscriptions are being used or not. If you haven't cancelled that subscription then unfortunately a refund is not possible. IF you have cancelled it and received a confirmation of the cancellation, could you then fill out your forum profile with your address and your old and current customer number? You can fill out the customer numbers under ‘Persoonlijke opmerkingen’. Give a heads-up here when you’ve done so, and then I'll be able to check everything! 

Hi @double payment refund and welcome to our forum! I'm not sure what the exact situation is here. If you change your existing subscription then it's impossible to get a double invoice. You’re only changing the one subscription you have after all. If, however, you’ve applied for a new subscription then it is possible to get double invoices. You’re responsible for cancelling the subscription you’d no longer be using then, we don't check whether subscriptions are being used or not. If you haven't cancelled that subscription then unfortunately a refund is not possible. IF you have cancelled it and received a confirmation of the cancellation, could you then fill out your forum profile with your address and your old and current customer number? You can fill out the customer numbers under ‘Persoonlijke opmerkingen’. Give a heads-up here when you’ve done so, and then I'll be able to check everything! 

Hello, 

I don’t agree with your reply. KPN co-worker promoted the fiber internet to me and I accepted the offer. The installation of the fiber internet took place in the November 2021, and I was told by your co-worker, I don’t need to do anything because I was already using your KPN internet and you will handle it. However, the cancellation of the old internet did not happen until I realized this August 2022, and you cancelled the old one in September. 

I don’t think I need to take the mistake that you made and I need my money back. 

Hmm, if your subscription is on the same address and in name of the same person, then that shouldn't have happened. 😕

could you fill out your forum profile with your address and your old and current customer number? You can fill out the customer numbers under ‘Persoonlijke opmerkingen’. Give a heads-up here when you’ve done so, and then I'll be able to check everything! 

Could you do this? Then I'll be able to check what I can do. 

Hmm, if your subscription is on the same address and in name of the same person, then that shouldn't have happened. 😕

could you fill out your forum profile with your address and your old and current customer number? You can fill out the customer numbers under ‘Persoonlijke opmerkingen’. Give a heads-up here when you’ve done so, and then I'll be able to check everything! 

Could you do this? Then I'll be able to check what I can do. 

Hello, I have filled in the form. Thanks

Thanks! I've checked the invoices, and I see that there's been a double subscription for quite some time as you stated. I can't correct the entire period, but I can credit the double invoices for the old subscription for a maximum of 3 months. That would come down to €31,59 x 3 = €94,77. I can't recitify more than this, because we also depend on customer responsibility. If you notice double invoices, or that more money is being paid to us than it should, then you can notify us as soon as possible and we'll be able to rectify the situation quickly. If you agree with the correction of €94,77, let me know! Then I'll be able to process it for you and it will be deducted from your future invoice. 

Thanks! I've checked the invoices, and I see that there's been a double subscription for quite some time as you stated. I can't correct the entire period, but I can credit the double invoices for the old subscription for a maximum of 3 months. That would come down to €31,59 x 3 = €94,77. I can't recitify more than this, because we also depend on customer responsibility. If you notice double invoices, or that more money is being paid to us than it should, then you can notify us as soon as possible and we'll be able to rectify the situation quickly. If you agree with the correction of €94,77, let me know! Then I'll be able to process it for you and it will be deducted from your future invoice. 

Hello, firstly, thanks for checking this and make it clear that it is indeed that there is a mistake at your side. Secondly, I don’t accept that I can only take 3 months’ double payment back. I don’t have more discussions how much responsiblity I should take in this case since I think I actually have done more than I’m supposed to do, for instance, raising this ticket in your forum. Please escalte my case to the team who can really solve my issue and come back with a reply that I can get all the money that I shouldn’t be charged at all back. Thanks 

These are the rules and this cannot be escalated. 3 months is the most that we can offer, as it is our customer's responsibility to keep an eye on their subscriptions. If you want me to process the correction, let me know here. If not, then unfortunately there's nothing more I can do. 

These are the rules and this cannot be escalated. 3 months is the most that we can offer, as it is our customer's responsibility to keep an eye on their subscriptions. If you want me to process the correction, let me know here. If not, then unfortunately there's nothing more I can do. 

Send me your terms and conditions that made me committed to the  consumer’s responsibility you are referring to. I cannot imagine a big company like KPN treating its customers in such a disrespectful and irresponsible way. You should understand that KPN is damaging its consumer’s legal rights and stealing the money from a consumer’s bank account for 9 months which it should not take at all. 

Firstly, you admitted that it is your mistake causing my loss, but you acuse me that I as a consumer should be financially reponsible for your mistake by making up some ridiculous “rules”. 

If you don’t refund me fully within fourteen days, I will use the power of social media and legal support to protect my consumer rights.

In our terms and conditions you can find that if you don't agree with an invoice, to notify us within 30 days (Algemene voorwaarden vanaf 1 december 2020, 10.5). It's your right to take any steps that you feel are necessary, all I'm able to offer has already been offered, so there's nothing more I can do here. Should you have any other questions in the future, feel free to make a new topic. 

In our terms and conditions you can find that if you don't agree with an invoice, to notify us within 30 days (Algemene voorwaarden vanaf 1 december 2020, 10.5). It's your right to take any steps that you feel are necessary, all I'm able to offer has already been offered, so there's nothing more I can do here. Should you have any other questions in the future, feel free to make a new topic. 

Hello, not sure if you are still working for KPN. It is true that you are not able to do anything useful, because I just want to share with you that your professional colleague has handled this case in a proper way and I have received the full 9 months’s wrong payment. Lessons learned! Good luck with your future work!