Skip to main content

Dear KPN Team,

I have ordered internet on may 20th and tried to reach your customer service and KPN Netwerk several times without success (via phone, e-mail or in person). I tried to arrange fiber cable for my apartment but the best option KPN could give me was the coper cable and they managed to install it only on 04.07 which is 2 months after my subscription for the internet. I expect KPN to remove the 25 euros one time charge from my invoice as I don´t believe I should be charged for something that was not even provided on the promised date. I even had to cover mobile data cost during this time and needed a sim only to be able to work from home.
I kindly ask you to remove/refund the cost.

Client number: ****
Also, I tried to arrange an appointment for my fiber cable without success as the voicemail is full so the connection was disconnected and nobody can reach KPN Netwerk.

Thank you very much for the cooperation!
Kind Regards,
Alexandra

Admin: klantnummer verwijderd

Hi @Alexa.kv and welcome to our forum! I can imagine it's frustrating if you have to wait for your services longer than initially communicated. I'm sorry to read this made working from home difficult as well. I can't refund the €25,- connection costs however. These are charged for connecting you to our network, our services and our system. You’ve been connected to all these, albeit later than you wanted. They are also stated in your contract and will therefore be charged. In the initial confirmation e-mail the following was communicated:

“U hebt ons gevraagd om uw abonnement te starten op 15 juni 2022. Wij controleren nu of dit mogelijk is. U ontvangt nog een aparte e-mail van ons met extra informatie over uw bestelling. Hierin staat ook de definitieve startdatum van uw abonnement.”

This means that the date you entered as your preferred date isn't set in stone yet and is likely to change still. That's what happened here, so unfortunately I cannot refund the connection costs. 

Regarding your fibre cable, I see you were transferred to the KPN Netwerk (the fibre company) when you called on the 5th of July. I'm sorry to read the lines were busy. 😔 There are different ways of reaching them, so if calling isn't working out you can try one of the other options at the bottom of their contact page. I hope you'll have more luck with getting in touch with them then. There's little else I can do but what I stated in this message, but if you’re running into any other difficulties or need clarity on some things, do let me know! I'd be happy to check what I can find out and I hope you'll get more clarity on the fibre connection soon.