Skip to main content

I am a bit dismayed that a big company of the magnitude of KPN will set up a refund plan, pay the agreed amount (see above) after due diligence upon completion of my contract and advance notice to leaving the Netherlands in August 2024 and turn around in October to us debt collection agents to threaten me to refund monies already settled into my account by KPN in September. 

I have since emigrated out of the country and regrettably now getting legal letters to refund KPN all monies credited to my account (see below). 

My shock stems from the fact that this would come from KPN, a big company with processes, quality controls and expected accounting practices would be engaging customers to refund monies calculated and paid by KPN. This is simply appalling and unimaginable. The company needs to take ownership for any accounting flaws in the system and also be accountable to customers. This action even challenges the transparency of the system towards its customers. I feel a sense of threat in the approach being taken by KPN in requesting me to pay the company back amount that was paid to me as reconciled balance on my account.

I am available to engage further as required.

Admin: pictures edited because of privacy

Hoi @Austin Uzoka 

Welcome to the KPN community.

Unfortunately, the KPN community is not the place to go with this annoying financial problem, for that you really should contact the KPN collections department.

An employee of the Collections department can explain everything about the refunds to KPN, and why you now suddenly have to pay them back to KPN.

Call KPN customer service, and let them put you through to the Invoicing and Payments department, who can then make sure you get through to an employee of the Collections department.

KPN telephone number from abroad:

• 0031-612001200 (From a landline)
  •  +31-612001200 (From any mobile phone)

Opening hours (Dutch time):

• Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 18:00
  • Saturday from 08:00 to 17:00
  • Closed on Sunday

After the voice response has asked you what you are calling about, leave the following message: Billing and Payments and you will be connected.

For your information: When calling KPN customer service from a foreign landline or mobile phone, call charges may apply.

I will follow your advise. It’s painful but I want a settlement that keeps each party happy and safe 

Reageer