Skip to main content

I need to send a my phone invoice as proof that I own this number.  Before I sent, I realised that the ‘sim card’ number is on the invoice.

Is this safe?  We know that it is relatively easy for a SIM to be hijacked using the SIM number and IMEI code.

• Is there a way to remove this from the invoice?
    • From a risk POV, im not comfortable that it is on every invoice

• I have a contract phone.  What is the process of replacing a lost sim?
    • I would like to evaluate the risk of a SIM being stolen

Hello @KristonR 

Why do they want that, if they send a SMS with a code to that phonenumber and you mail/SMS that code back of tell them the code on the phone that should be sufficient to proof that you own it.

Some PDF readers have the possability to edit of delete tekst (or else use a PDF editor) but you can also take a picture of the invoice and edit that before sending it to them.
Probably best to also delete your customer number.

To replace a simcard look here: https://www.kpn.com/service/mobiel/aanvragen.htm

Quickest way to get a new one is in a KPN shop: https://www.kpn.com/vind-een-winkel.htm

Your invoices can only be looked at when you log in with your KPN ID. When you need to send an invoice to someboby else, i can recommend the tips given by @GeSp 

Hello @KristonR 

.Some PDF readers have the possability to edit of delete tekst (or else use a PDF editor) but you can also take a picture of the invoice and edit that before sending it to them.
Probably best to also delete your customer number.

Thanks

That is a solution, yes.  I did think of this.  The post was more about highlighting, what I perceive to be,  an unnecessary risk of printing the SIM number on this document.

Printing the SIM CARD number multiple times on the invoice is unnecessary, dont you think?

There are many people who are not so risk conscious and would provide the invoice for whatever reason, or print off.  the SIM number is a pretty sensitive number to be adding to these documents.