Skip to main content

When we received the TV and unboxed it, there were apparent cracks in the screen.  

So, I called the KPN gift administration without trying to connect to power. I was told to contact Philips for repair.

hilipse guarantee at customer.service@tpv-tech.com asked for photos of the TV and its box.

A few days later, I received an email that "CE Repairs" would collect the TV and repair it. 

Today, after one month, I received an email that "damage has been found from outside. For this reason, no warranty/leniency claim is possible". People at "CE Repairs" asked for 626 euros for repair. They also said that if you don't accept to pay for the repair, you should pay for transport, checking, and nature-friendly disposal of the TV. 

I am very obsessed with the so-called gift. I now should pay for the disposal of the TV without even using it for one moment.  

I hope this helps others.

I am quite upset reading about what happened to you, in fact it’s making me mad.

Being told to contact the manufacturer for repair under guarantee is a silly advice where “unprofessional” and “incompetence” comes to mind. You are not doing business with the manufacturer of the TV but in this case with KPN, they should have solved this through there partner Sidekix who distributes these articles for KPN, reachable under phone number 088 6237 006.

Hopefully a moderator can still do something to help you with this.

Hi @Welcome TV gift was broken! I`m really sorry to read how this went. Who did you contact that told you to contact Philips? As you can read in our Kennisbank topic (link in Dutch) on the welkomstcadeau, Sidekix is responsible for any damage caused during transit. You can call them on 088 - 6237 006. On weekdays they are open from 08:00 to 16:00 and on saturdays from 10:00 to 16:00. 

I do not know what the best way is to go forward. Because the tv is in the hands of another company at this point. But I would recommend calling Sidekix, explaining the situation and see what they propose.

Could you let us know here what they say?

Thank you for the replies. Based on your comments, I contacted SideKix,  they told me that other people also had a similar issue, and they were aware of the "CE Repairs" and the costs that it was demanding.

Initially, SideKix  told me that it is my fault that I have gone directly to the guarantee and they could not help me. However, after some follow-up contacts with KPN directly, SideKix told me that If I sent them the broken TV, they would send me a new one. I asked “CE Repairs” to send me back the TV without repairs (they kindly did not request any money). I posted the TV to SideKix the previous week. Till now, I am waiting for their contact or response!

Again, I am so thankful for the comments.

Hi @Welcome TV gift was broken , I’m glad to see this issue moving to right directions.

As I understand from other posts Sidekix is waiting for a new batch of TV’s, so it might take a little longer before you receive the new one.

Please keep us informed when it’s finally completely solved.