Skip to main content

Dear Team,

Yesterday, We received an invoice of EUR 67,50 instead of the agreed-upon new contract of EUR 35 for another 12 months. (Please see the attached contract summary sent on 17 Aug 2022).

Therefore, We reached out to the KPN call support this morning at 11:00 AM and to our surprise, no one had a clue what is going wrong. Please refer to the conversation summary below

1) First we were told that the new invoice will reflect from next month as the contract is not yet updated in the system. So the invoice on 28 Sep 2022 will be for a much lesser amount as we have paid extra (67,5 - 35 = 32,5 EUR)
2) When we asked about the contract duration, we were told its two years, whereas the attached document only says its 12 months and that is what we agreed with KPN support on 17 Aug 2022
3) After a lot of investigation the colleague transferred our call to the SAFE department as the conclusion was that our contract is not updated and we were supposed to reach-out to colleague who offered us discount on 17 Aug 2022 (how can we do that, when we don know email or mobile number of the colleague and the email came from noreply@kpn.com, we were never told to send an email back)
4) the colleague from the SAFE department said that they can not offer the same discount and we should reach out to the colleague we spoke to on 17 Aug 2022 (seriously?)
5) In the end the colleague from the SAFE department agreed to send out an email to the colleague who offered us the discount and said we will receive a call immediately as she had put in URGENT in the subject.
6) of course, that never happened and we would like to either make sure the KPN honors the contract promised or reverses the invoice of EUR 67,50 and cancel the contract.

Could you please be kind to resolve the issue by today end of the day otherwise, please consider this as our official request to cancel the contract within 14 days grace period (the new contract was offered on 17 Aug 2022) and refund us the money EUR 67,50 as soon as possible?

Hi @Vibhuti and welcome to our forum. How strange that you didn't receive the discount you were promised. 😕 I'm also sorry to hear that the colleague who offered you the discount never called you back. If a discount has been promised and ordered, then you should always see this discount in the confirmation of the order you receive per e-mail. If it's not in there, it won't be there when the contract starts. If it is in the order confirmation, then it's up to us to fix it. If the discount is mentioned in your order confirmation, could you fill out your forumprofiel with your address? Give a signal here when you’ve done so, then I can look into it. I can't cancel contracts, that's up to the cancellations department and they’re not working on this forum. You can reach them by calling us on 0800-0402 on business days between 8:00 - 20:00 and on Saturday between 9:00 - 17:00. 🙂 Just a heads-up, should that be the conclusion. 

I hadn't heard back from you, but I just saw you filled out your forum profile. I’ve checked the contact logs and I see that your contract will be terminated on the 30th of September. I'm sorry that this all happened the way I did, but I wish you the best with your new provider! 

Hi Sanne, yes Ultimately i asked for cancellation because no one had a clear answer.

i still don’t quite understand why your colleague offered 12 months discount but could not honour it and neither cared to call us back.

Because there was no clear answer, and I could get a cheaper contract with another provider for the same bandwidth, i chose that.

I understand, and thanks for letting me know!