Skip to main content

Hello all,

I moved to a new address where KPN doesn't offer fiber optic yet (it will take about 2 months -allegedly), so they sent me the Mobile Wifi with 100 GB. I set it up and I was trying to understand if there is a way to monitor the data consumption so to call the support to recharge it before I ran out of giga as both me and my partner mostly work from home. I tried to check in my personal area but there is no mention to the new address (I can only see the old one) or to this emergency package.

Thank you for your help!

I don't know if there is an easy solution for your problem. What's type of mobile Wifi router did you receive? Maybe you can check the manual to see if there is an option for monitoring the data consumption.  

I don't know if there is an easy solution for your problem. What's type of mobile Wifi router did you receive? Maybe you can check the manual to see if there is an option for monitoring the data consumption.  

Unfortunately I received a router that is different from all the ones displayed in the guide. I check the manuals shipped with it, but the companion app is not compatible with my phone (apparently my phone has an Android version which is too new), and when I try with other devices is asking me for an admin password that I can’t find anywhere. :/

Maybe you could setup a datamonitoring app/program on your devices to roughly monitor your data usage? Which type of router did you receive from us?

Maybe you could setup a datamonitoring app/program on your devices to roughly monitor your data usage? Which type of router did you receive from us?

I think it’s really inconvenient having to install a monitor app on each of our devices and then manually calculating the total consumption. I’m really surprised that it’s not displayed on my KPN profile page to be honest, as it’s a pretty obvious need since I have a cap at 100 GB. The router is from Alcatel and I had to insert in it a KPN sim card.

I googled a bit and there should be an Alcatel WiFi Link app available which should be possible to monitor the usage. Could you check your appstore for it?

I googled a bit and there should be an Alcatel WiFi Link app available which should be possible to monitor the usage. Could you check your appstore for it?

It’s the app I was mentioning in my second message (it’s indicated in the manual shipped with the router), the problem is that they didn’t provide the password and the passwords written in the router are not accepted

@hnsn The default password is admin, you need to reset the router to factory default settings.

@hnsn The default password is admin, you need to reset the router to factory default settings.

I just reset the device and tried with that password but it didn’t accept it

Hi @hnsn, Remco is enjoying his vacation, therefore I'm responding in your topic.

Admin should indeed be the default password. How did you reset the mifi router? It is the Alcatel Link Zone, right? 

Forgotten the password? If you forget your password, just reset your device and you will be back up and running in no time. Use a paperclip or blunt pin to gently press the reset button, after opening the back cover.

Hi @hnsn, Remco is enjoying his vacation, therefore I'm responding in your topic.

Admin should indeed be the default password. How did you reset the mifi router? It is the Alcatel Link Zone, right? 

Forgotten the password? If you forget your password, just reset your device and you will be back up and running in no time. Use a paperclip or blunt pin to gently press the reset button, after opening the back cover.

Hey Alexandra, thank you for your reply! I did exactly what displayed in the procedure and tried again with “admin” (should be all lowercase or first letter uppercase?) but it didn’t work. When I called the customer care they told me that it happens sometimes, but they couldn’t help me.

Try with internet browser option 

The Web User Interface is compatible with the following browsers:

• Mozilla Firefox

• Safari 4.0.2 or later

• Internet Explorer 9.0 or later.

• Microsoft Edge

• Opera

• Google Chrome

2.1 How to log in to the Home page

1) Open your web browser.

2) Input http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press enter. 

Home page and WiFi Link APP share the same password.

password: admin

Try with internet browser option 

The Web User Interface is compatible with the following browsers:

• Mozilla Firefox

• Safari 4.0.2 or later

• Internet Explorer 9.0 or later.

• Microsoft Edge

• Opera

• Google Chrome

2.1 How to log in to the Home page

1) Open your web browser.

2) Input http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press enter. 

Home page and WiFi Link APP share the same password.

password: admin

Hey thanks! I just reset the modem (again) and tried with both “admin” and “Admin”, but the result is always the same:

What device are you using? Maybe you can try a smartphone or laptop? Different browsers chrome , Firefox , edge. Do you use any virusscanners vpn ?

Good luck!

Reageer