Skip to main content

It's been almost a month now since we informed KPN that we were changing address. Since then we have moved out of our old apartment and into our new one. First they gave us a moving date for our line on May 12th (no internet came on May 12th). After endless hours on the phone, more than 10 customer service calls, 2 technicians (one of them never showed up), they told us that the moving date was the 21st of May all along. Suffice it to say that we still don't have internet and it's the 22nd of May. The customer service people were trying to make it look like we made up the May 12th date even though we have emails and SMS on record. Meanwhile, we haven't been able to work from home properly and all of this during a pandemic where we cannot go to the office. Has anyone else had such a bad experience with them? How did they manage to solve this?

Hi @iioanna, welcome! I am sorry to hear that your internet still isn't working. When did the last technician come and what did he do? Did you receive any e-mails that the internet is going to work on the 21st or even later on? Could you please update your profile with your adress and customer number? Then I will look into it. 

Hi @Marcia_ , thank you for reaching out. The last one was supposed to come yesterday (21st) but didn't show and didn't cancel (he was sent to us by a different department that handles difficult cases). Before that, we had a technician on the 17th of May who said that the line is still in the old apartment. Customer service later said that the technician had wrong information with him. We have received emails and SMS saying that the internet will work on the 12th and then again on the 21st. I have updated my profile, as requested.

@iioanna Thank you for your personal details and subscription details. It took me some time to find out what's going on at your new address. It appears that there is no functioning connection point/cable (DSL). By this, I mean that the network operator has to repair the cables in the street. Normally we get the dates on which this maintenance would take place. Unfortunately, there is no information on this yet, so I will ask the underlying department for more information. As soon as we receive a response, we will let you know. 

Dear @Lisa , thank you for looking into it and explaining the situation. Yes, I would very much appreciate more information on when that could be fixed - I'll await KPN's response.

Ioanna

Dear @Lisa,

Could please someone provide an update? We called on Sunday and they said we would hear no later than Wednesday. We call today again and they told us they would send a technician by tomorrow 8-10, but we have gotten no confirmation, just an SMS about a 'package’ that we can pick up. In the meantime, we still don't have internet….

Really looking forward for a final answer and for this matter to be solved. It's been a month!

Ioanna

@iioanna I have yet to receive a reply from my colleagues.

@Denise_ thank you. We received 2 phone calls yesterday and last week, informing us that a technician would come on June 4th between 8:00 and 10:00. However, we haven't received written confirmation yet. Would it be possible to send me written confirmation? Last time, a similar arrangement was made, we didn't receive a confirmation and the technician never showed up, so I'm afraid the system is still not working. Thank you! 

According to my colleagues, they have sent a confirmation for the appointment on June 4th, between 8 and 10 am. If you have not received this confirmation, you may consider this message your confirmation.

@Denise_  Good morning. Unfortunately the technician did not show up and it's now almost 11:00. Can someone please update us on what is happening?