Skip to main content

I have a web server (sagiuniverse.xs4all.space) and after the IP number was changed due to the migration from Xs4all to KPN, the web server can not be accessed any longer from Internet.

The server can beĀ found only by putting the IP address (**.***.*.***). Therefore it seems that there is a problem with the DNS propagation.

Ā 

Could you please fix it?

Ā 

Thanks

Ā 

Admin: gegevens verwijderd i.v.m. privacy

Did you already change the A record in the DNS in order to make sure de domain points to your new IP address?

Ā 

Please remove the IP address from your message as this is a public forum.

Ā 

Edit: I think a moderatorĀ needs to have at this as it seems the DNS entries for your domain have not been changed (corrected) by KPN.

Thanks for your answer. Indeed, the modification on the DNS should be done by KPN.

Thanks also for the advise in the IP number, however I have not found how to change my message (I am accessing this with Safari).

Best regards

I have asked the moderators to remove the IP address.

I also hope that they will initiate a process to solve this issue as kpn/xs4allĀ promissed that nothing would change with respect to the own websites.

Ā 

Thanks a lot!

I also hope that they will initiate a process to solve this issue as kpn/xs4allĀ promissed that nothing would change with respect to the own websites.

Now let's not confuse the personal homepage space provided by xs4all with running a website on a home-connection. Those are 2 different things.

So, Xs4all customers always had the option on getting a customized PTR-record for the ip-address of their home connection. In this case sagiuniverse.xs4all.space was that custom PTR-record. After the transition to KPN the option for a custom PTR record is no longer there. Xs4all customers have been informed by Xs4all about this change. So I'm afraid that this is something that won't come back anymore, and cannot be changed.

Mijn advies: Registreer sagiuniverse.nl bij mijndomein.nl (ā‚¬0,50 per jaar) en leg een AĀ record in de DNS vast die naar jouw IP adres verwijst.