Skip to main content

Hi Team,

When I am on call, it is automatically getting disconnected at every 15 minutes. Is it usual? If yes, I want to extend the time to 1hour atleast or disable the auto-disconnect completely.

Thanks,
Aditya

Hi @Adityaa . Welcome to the forum.

No, this is not normal. Are you talking about mobile phone or a landline?

Hi Erwin, Thanks for responding. 

I am talking about my mobile phone xxxxxxxxxxx

Do you have a physical SIM card? Or an E-SIM? 

If you have a Physical  SIM, can you try to use it in a different phone?

I am having Esim

What kind of phone do you have?  And did this issue suddenly appear? Or was it always this way?

I am using iPhone 12, and I checked for the phone setting. There is nothing in the phone. I usually don't make direct calls so didn't realize so far. 

This is happening when I make a outgoing (direct) call to international numbers.

I am using iPhone 12, and I checked for the phone setting. There is nothing in the phone. I usually don't make direct calls so didn't realize so far. 

This is happening when I make a outgoing (direct) call to international numbers.

And is this only to international numbers? Or also local numbers?  And does it make a difference if you call a mobile number of a landline? 

(dit you try resetting the iphone too?)

Hi Erwin,
I did reset my iphone too. But still the issue is same. This is happening only to International calls to mobile number, I didnt try to landline. Just yesterday I called to International mobile and as usually it got disconnected automatically at 15 mins

Most likely this has something to do with your iPhone.  Maybe visit a KPN shop in your neigbourhood and have it checked out?

@Adityaa do you make an direct call or do you use an carrier pre-select for this call? If you make an call by using an carrier pre-select it’s possible that they use these settings.

carrier pre-select operators let you make international calls for an lower price rate then KPN

@Speedmaster KPN sim I am using is from my company. Is that what you mean by pre-select? When I called to KPN customer care they even said they cannot locate my sim details on my name.

It’s possible that you company has special prices by there business partner for telecom services. The business partner redirect all international calls probably to reduce the cost. 

So this is not an problem on your phone or by KPN. Contact the servicedesk from your company, they must fix this

Thanks @Speedmaster for understanding the issue and for your time