Skip to main content

Hello,

I made a new subscription to KPN for internet.
When I checked the website,they said there is fiberglass at this address and sent me the equipment.
Yesterday the equipment arrived and I tried to install it myself today, because KPN said my subscription is starting today.
But there is no connection for fiberglass in the whole house.
The only thing I found is this DSL (if I am not wrong) connection and this connection.

What can be done next?

Usually, the fiber connection in the meterkast is made on the left wall. Can you find anything there?

Nothing in the whole house.
I read other posts but only connections I could find are in the pictures.

That’s weird. Usually you will find a little white box attached to the wall, with a piece of paper behind it. That paper mentions KPN glass fiber.

Try looking in your house for a little white box with an orange cable (usually it’s orange) attached to it. You may also have to look for two white boxes next to each other. Hopefully it’s still somewhere.

Do you have contact with the previous inhabitants, maybe they know where the fiber connection was made.

That’s weird. Usually you will find a little white box attached to the wall, with a piece of paper behind it. That paper mentions KPN glass fiber.

Try looking in your house for a little white box with an orange cable (usually it’s orange) attached to it. You may also have to look for two white boxes next to each other. Hopefully it’s still somewhere.

Do you have contact with the previous inhabitants, maybe they know where the fiber connection was made.

I have looked everywhere for the box or the connections w/o any luck.
I am waiting to hear from old tenant about this.

When you log in to KPN’s servicetools, what does it say about your connection @BeatriceR ?

Look for: Je aansluitingstype

When you log in to KPN’s servicetools, what does it say about your connection @BeatriceR ?

Look for: Je aansluitingstype

Gebruik Servicetool niet mogelijk
Zorg dat je thuis bent en verbonden bent met je eigen KPN netwerk.

Then you better fill out your profile with your personal data and hope a KPN rep reads this topic, so they maybe able to help you.

Hi @BeatriceR,

I see there will be a mechanic tomorrow morning, so I'm assuming you will be online tomorrow 😊

Hi @BeatriceR,

I see there will be a mechanic tomorrow morning, so I'm assuming you will be online tomorrow 😊

He was here.
Unfortunately, he couldn’t install it.
There is some fundamental problem with how the fiberglass is placed in my residential complex and can’t get it to my apartment :(

I'm very sad to hear this @BeatriceR 🙁 I hope it's possible to get a working connection via DSL or otherwise via another provider like Ziggo.