Skip to main content

Hello,

My subscription started on the 20th January 2023. But I am not able to install the fiber optic box. In the installation steps it says, to remove the black protective cap and slide into the white connection point. It doesnt click as the green point in the black box cannot go into the white connection point. There is no visible opening that I can see. Also, the blue cover on the bottom of the white connection point is already closed.

How am I to install this black box?

Thank You

Welcome to the KPN forum @Shaniya! Sorry to hear installation isn't going smoothly. From previous posts I see that whenever this problem occurs, engineers usually remove the blue cap. Could you confirm that this blue plate can be moved? And if so, can you then install the fiber box?

If not, please call 0800-0402. A representative can plan an engineer for you. 

If you can't reach a colleague that way, please let us know here. If this is the case, please fill out your profile. That way we can find you in our systems and send it through here. 

Hi @Shaniya  (en @Bram_ 😉)

Earlier the following guide was shared on the forum. Didn’t you receive this with the fiber box?

You must first align the fiber box at the bottom of the white box and then move it strait and upwards. The blue flap should be closed, it will open automatically as you slide the box upwards along the rails at the side of the white box.

Yes, I have the same instruction booklet. The blue flap under the white connection point is closed and I tried to slide the black box in but there is resistance, should I force it? It doesn’t look like it can go in. I will try @Bram_ ‘s suggestion and open the blue box and try to slide it.

Put some pressure on it gently @Shaniya and see if it all clicks. Don't put so much power on it that it breaks, then it should all start working. Keep us posted! 

@Bram_  I have opened the blue flap and tried to slide the black fiber optic box. It still doesn't click onto the white box. 😞

Ah that's a shame, could you upload some pictures of your situation?

If you'd prefer a technicician you can also give us a call on 0800-0402 as Bram mentions

Sometimes it takes a couple of tries. Maybe but a slight angle when shoving up. It also helps to do it in one flow, so don't go up until you can't and try pushing harder.

Last but not least (most important) make sure the black cover in the ONT is removed.

Hey, everyone!

It works after couple of tries and different angle. Thanks for all your responses. Much appreciated!