Skip to main content

I am a new KPN internet and TV customer. One mechanic came on 11st of October and installed KPN Modem and KPN TV in my living room.
My contract is for download speed of 100 Mbps, however I was getting half of the speed. I contacted customer service and told few thing to do which I did but still the speed was 40-45 Mbps. After that customer service asked me to check the modem lines whether two lines (L1 and L2) are up and ruining or not. I told one line (L2) is up. Then that person told he is assigning an mechanic who will fix that issue.
One mechanic came on 26th October, he tried a lot but he was not able to fix that issue. Then that person asked for another mechanic to put the cable properly at outside of my house.
Another mechanic came and remove my old cable and try to place new cable at the same location (Living Room) where it was. But he was not able to do that. Then he place the port/ input connection at the meter closet (Meterkast). I asked them how can I watch the TV now then he told he was not able to place the port/input at the same location. But after that internet speed is fine but my TV is not working.
I complain again to customer service how do I connect my TV now then customer service again assign another mechanics for TV.
Another mechanic came today (29th October 2021) and he is using KPN mesh router to connect the TV and now TV is also connected and working now. 

At the end of the work, that mechanic is telling that his service is not free. I was totally surprised about that no one told me before that. Again I called customer service department and they just tried to tell "this is not the right department" before listening the whole story. After that they transferred my call to complain department. The person in the complain department didn't understand the problem. They started telling that you should check wifi manager to make the speed up etc. etc.

My question is why I have to pay the charge whereas problem is not mine this is completely KPN issues. If the port is in my living room, I can easily connect the Television. I don't need any mechanic for that.

Also, I have experienced extremely poor customer service and complained department. Could anyone help me with escalating the problem to someone higher up in KPN?

Welcome @schowdhury! Thank you for your detailed explanation. If I understand you correctly, you were not informed about the costs of our technician? Are these costs for the service of our technician or for hardware equipment? Because there is a difference. 

If you had to pay for our technician, our customer service is responsible to inform you about the cost. If our technician has installed additional hardware, such as WiFi-boosters, the technician is responsible for informing you of the price. 

Hello,

Yes, indeed customer service didn’t told me during call that TV connection will be charged. I heard that from technician at the end of the work.

Technician didn’t installed additional hardware, I received those KPN mesh routers in KPN welcome box. Technician told me first how to connect those KPN mesh routers then I told him that I can do the connection but he insist to do the work. Technician only gave LAN cable and one screw to hang the mesh router.

If get this instruction over the phone from customer service then I can also installed and connected the TV. Customer service assign technician for TV connection without informing me the cost.

Thanks