Skip to main content

I have an internet only contract with KPN until May 2024. It is 200MBIT/s currently. However, I will move to another apartment at the end of the month. I talked to KPN, they can only offer 100MBIT/s in the new place. Moreover, they say I need to have a new 1 year contract which will be until November 2024. 

To me, that does not make sense. I am playing games and 100MBIT is definitely not enough for me. I need to extend my contract for another 6 months. I am forced to pay for an insufficient service for a longer time. They gave me no other choice. I do not accept this. Can someone help me about this topic?

Hi @Oguzdemet, welcome to our forum. If you move house you can move the subscription along with you. It is not needed to start a new year, the remaining time remains the same. About the speed, it's possible a differect address has a different possible speed. Your old and new addresses are not on your profile, therefor I can't see what the options are. But if the maximum speed at the new address is 100 Mbit/s, that will be the maximum. There won't be more available than the maximum.

Have you considered cable? Ziggo etc. Almost every house in the Netherlands has coax.