Skip to main content

Hi,

I got a new contract for KPN on the 27th November.
I asked it to start on the 4th December and received an email stating that but also that I would receive a confirmation. And the confirmation email just followed stating that the internet connection would be ready on the 8th December.

3 days later I received again an email similar to the previous one, stating that I asked that the internet connection starts on the 10th and that I would receive a confirmation afterwards. That confirmation email never came so I thought it was some bug in the system.

Meanwhile I received a modem at home for Do it yourself. I had the date for the 8th so on monday i opened it and saw that actually is a DSL modem. I then proceeded to call KPN customer service. After several times explaining the same they got an engineer for the 10th. Also, they guaranted me that I would still have internet on the 8th and 9th (because I was using my landlord contract, which was also KPN).

Today is the 8th. No internet.
I called KPN several times today. The only thing I get from the agents is “the mechanic goes there on the 10th”.
One of the times, before asking how to do a complain, I re-asked the agent name and got a “i don't have to answer” and eventually she dropped even before I asked how to do a complain. 
To be fair, I am also not very calm at this point. It gets tiresome to call for help and get only “it's on the 10th. I can't do anything. It's your problem”. 
I called again. The agent started to be very aggressive and I noted it. He told me that I was being aggressive so he was “adapting”. He also dropped the call.

I don't understand why I don't have internet. I don't understand why no one warned me about it and actually why I was told that I would have internet.

As many of you, I'm working from home and actually my VPN does not work with my hotspot. That means that I can't actually work. It would have been nice to know this in advance.
Also it would be nice if someone took responsability about this. Apparently that's not in the guidelines of KPN Customer Service. It's mainly blame the customer, say the same thing over and over again and drop the call.

I'm so disappointed with KPN. 

I want to make an official complain but I have no direct address. If i go to kpn.com/klacht I just turn up in some solution that it  won't work.

Hi @andreiaspf,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I'd like to help you further along if the internet hasn't been fixed yet. Is there anything I can do for you? 

Hi Hanna,

Yes, the internet was fixed meanwhile.
An engineer came to “install” it, meaning he came to only connect the modem… which revealed two things: I actually don't have fiber (the engineer told me I have VPLUS, which it is not what I agreed on) and the engineer visit was pointless as, if the only thing needed to do was connect the modem, I could have done it and have internet sooner. Can you help me understand why don't I have what I acquired and why was I told that yes, I needed an engineer (to install the fiber connection itself), when I didn't.

Thank you.

Hi, first of all I'm glad to hear everything is working corectly now. 

When someone applies for a new subscription we asses whether we need to plan in a mechanic on the last information that's available to us. Sometimes that informatiom is outdated and innacurate, but we're rather safe than sorry. For example, if you did need a mechanic and we didn't plan one, you would've had to longer. I'm sorry it didn't work out in your favor this time. I do hope you enjoy your connection now that it's working properly!