Skip to main content

Dear forum members and moderators,

l would like to share my frustration about the way I’m treated by KPN.

l’m a full client of KPN (Internet, TV and Mobile) and even have pre-paid mobiles of KPN.

Not long time ago, due to bad wifi in the house, l requested a new modem and a wifi amplifier as it appeared that our modem was quite old. Instead of receiving the latest models of the modem and wifi amplifier, l received Experia Box V10a and a white square Wifi-versterker. Yes, it was an improvement compared to how it was, but it is still not good enough. Especially because l need to work from home due to Corona and have conference calls, and my children need to connect to online schooling.

Trying to check the issue and find a solution through KPN web page and the apps was very much time consuming. The web send you to app and the app sends you back to the web. You make just rounds and rounds like that.

After finding out that there is no solution, l called KPN  customer service for help. I asked for changing the modem to the latest version and or getting Superwifi Points as l found out that a new KPN customer would get 2 Superwifi Points for free.

KPN customer service checked my internet speed and confirmed that it is indeed slow. As l’m informed, they cannot arrange for Superwifi Points however Wifi Manager could. When l do the Wifi Manager, it sends me back to the web page which leads to the app and back to web again.

Therefore, l’m at the end of my patience and would like to receive the newest version of the modem and 2 or 3 Superwifi Points.

Thanks.

Gökhan

Hello @22Gokhan22, I am sorry to read that you are currently not satisfied with your KPN products. As I understand it, you're experiencing issues with your wifi connection. Therefore, you'd like to receive the newest KPN modem along with two or three SuperWifi. I am sorry to inform you that I cannot comply to this request. I understand that you're frustrated with your wifi connection, but a new modem is not going to solve this. Due to its wireless nature, wifi is disturbed by your surrounding and appliances in your house. This also makes it really difficult for us to help you with wifi issues. Therefore, we have developed what we call the Wifi Manager. This tool will help you make the best of your wifi connection. In order to be able to hulp you further, I need the results from the Wifi Manager. I'd advise you to run the Wifi Manager on your phone or laptop. Make sure to check places where the connection is bad, but still available. Also run the Wifi Manager twice. That way you'll get the best results. If you have trouble running the Wifi Manager, could you post a screenshot of what you see?

Hi Denise,

Thank you for your reaction. I contacted the help desk to create a case and l supposed to be contacted back within a few days.

I have used the Wifi Manager several times which gave very low internet speed(11-12 mbs) for the 2nd floor and the ethic (l have WiFi Versterker of KPN on the ethic), even sometimes when l was close to the modem on the 1st floor (26-27 mbs).

ln my last attempts l was not even able to use Wifi Manager due to the fact that Wifi Manager couldn’t find wifi signal on the 2nd floor and the ethic.

l gave up trying and called the Help Desk for help. Help desk could see the previous Wifi Manager checks, and based on that info and my complaint, they created a case. Hopefully it will work out. We’ll see.

Glad to read you've received help from my colleagues. I expect they'll do their best to help you get a good wifi connection.