Skip to main content

Sorry for the English, but I am surprised at recent instability of my internet. Over 5 years of experience with KPN on Experia Box V9 with very rare lost internet. Since renewing my service one or two months, I was given Box V10. I have noticed nearly once per day drops of internet service in excess of an hour, usually in the afternoon. I do not see any reported outages in my area. I have tried the various reset options on the box. It self resolves after about one hour. This is very stressful as my wife and I both work from home and we meet with US-based colleagues in the afternoons. Is there anything I can do to check whether the problem is with my new V10 box?

*Admin: titel aangevuld i.v.m. vindbaarheid

Hello @KPN_KBAM ,

I'm not very good in english but i can try.

Can you try herstel+reset for 10 seconds?

this load complete new software.

Greetings,

martijn

Thanks @martijn197108!  I tried this as you instructed last night. Afterwards, my box is on version V1.01.00T03.8V4. I think this is an older version, but it does not appear to update even after seeing the blue light during restart. My internet went down again this morning and came back online after I restarted the device. 

hello @KPN_KBAM,The version V1.01.00T03.8V4 is the latest. However, I think there is more to it. I recommend having a technician come. You can do this via kpn.com/monteur.I think it's free but I'm not sure

Thanks @martijn197108 , I called today and they confirmed that my connection issues stem from KPN side of things (“open port”). A technician will come tomorrow. Thanks for helping me confirm that I had not missed any checks from my side of the connection!

okay,nice.hopefully it will be solved tomorrow!

Hi @KPN_KBAM, welcome to our forum. The internet dropping out is never a good thing. Calling our customer service was a good thing, that is the quickest way to talk to someone. I've checked the technicians notes and I see he changed something outside of you home and that made the connection better. Is it better now for you?

Hi @Jasper, so far so good. The technician came quickly, made some repairs on an outside box for the street and checked our connection thereafter. Speed was never a problem and is still good. It will take us a few days to see whether any more drops occur, but I am confident that the technician solved it based on his description of the outside box’s issues. 

Great service that was also very quick. I like to try to solve problems myself before calling for help, but I will be less stressed in the future knowing that your service is great. 

That sounds good @KPN_KBAM, the technician seems to have solved it. I would also suggest for you to keep an eye on the connection, just in case. I hope you don't need our service again and everything keeps working as it should, but when it is necessary you know where to find us :slight_smile: