Skip to main content

Hi

I am writing here to express that my fiber glass internet drops a lot of times during a day!

I had received a modem update and after that, this problem has been much worse.

The internet is not reliable anymore!

I would like to hear from KPN support because the my kpn app also cannot find the problem.

Bests

Reza

Hi @Reza110 and welcome to our forum! 

I'm sorry to hear that the connection keeps dropping. 😕
Is it just the WiFi connection that's disconnecting, or are you losing connection through a cabled connection as well? 

If it's just the WiFi, please use our Wifi Manager. After you've done everything suggested there, the WiFi should be better. If not, please use it again. 
It will remember the previous time and try new things the second time around. 

If it's the cabled connection as well, please walk through our steps for internet drops on your connection. It's in Dutch, but hopefully it helps.
You could also call us on 0800-0402 and let the ‘phone robot’ know that you’re experiencing drops in your connection. Then my colleague will be able to analyse the connection and hopefully there will be a solution then!

If none of these steps worked, please let me know what you’ve tried and what you’re experiencing exactly. 🙂

Do you have KPN SuperWiFi 2 pods at home?

Hi @Sanne_M 

Thank you for your reply.

In fact, wifi drops as well as fiber glass connection! The reason is that the wifi name disappears from available wifis! Meanwhile, the TV also disconnects. Funny thing is that TV connects faster after a few minutes however, wifi takes longer time to connect again!

I used the link you provided and unfortunately, after a few minutes this message is appeared:

I really need a stable connection!

Bests

Reza

Hi @SaltyBart 

No, just a normal modem! 

Bests

Reza

If the TV and the entire connection drop as well, then it's the entire connection that's not working properly. 😕 That definitely needs checking. 

Have you restarted your fiber connection point? If you disconnect if from the electricity and wait two minutes, then hook it up again, then it should be restarted properly. 
Best case the connection will be stable then too. 

If not, try restarting your router as well using the same steps as for the fiber connection point. Does that help? 

If not, could you check your router and fiber connection point when the connection drops? How are the lights burning then?