Skip to main content

It has been a journey between KPN and me. I bought a house, I signed a contract with KPN for the fiber before moving. It was supposed to start as of 01.02. It did not, but I was Ok with the delay, around 20.02 I got a message that the fiber connection was ready. We got the modem delivered. But.. there is No fiber box in the house. Which is still Ok, I understand somebody needs to come to the house to install it.

I called KPN to ask when that would happen. First they told me I needed to call their subcontractor, company UB Infra. And so I did call them several times, they never pick up the phone. I used the phone number given by KPN, then I found another one online. Nothing worked. I found a form on their Website and contacted them asking for the appointment. They replied and we scheduled one. Nobody showed up. I e-mailed them and scheduled a new appointment, again, nobody showed up. I called KPN and explained this. They said they would schedule that appointment on my behalf and that I should wait for the call. I got a call after a week from KPN asking about the situation and I said nothing changed. I did not get any update from them, no call to setup appointment. 

I waited around 2 weeks and called KPN today. They told me today that I should contact KPN Netwerk and schedule a technical visit. They put me through to another contractor who picked up the phone, but the moment I started asking if English was Ok For them they hung up on me.

I signed the contract with KPN, not with another company. Why is it me that has to do all these things? There is still, after 1,5 months, No progress in the whole situation. KPN has amazing marketing, but that is about it. And why is the service offered by KPN via customer service always different? 

I need the internet now. How to do it? 

Have you filled in your forum profile? It sounds like a complex issue and I think only a moderator can give you any kind of answer. The only way they can help you is if you have filled in your forum profile. 

Hi, Thanks, I filled it in now

And here is the status of my order

Hi @Magdalenap, welcome. 

First of all congratulations with your house. :)

But I totally understand you want intenet. But there isn't a fiber unit. You tried multiple times to make an appointment, but no one came to install yet. That ain't right. I’sorry. 

Was there an appointment scheduled february 15? Then you received a card with a phone number. Probably from the mechanic. Can you remember?

For now I notified my colleagues that there still isn't an appointment to install the Fiber unit. Will you let me know if you received a call. 

Hi, there was never any appointment scheduled by KPN. These 2 appointments when nobody showed up were scheduled by me (with company UB Infra). KPN is not even able to establish which company is responsible For making that appointment. 

I call KPN every week, and as I said, everytime I get a different answer. Last Thursday I was told the problem was that I did not give KPN my consent to have fiber installed in the house. No comment.

if this is not solved by next week I will cancel the contract. 

Hi @Magdalenap   Is there a fiberbox in your home?

Hi, there is No fiber box in the house. Today I got a call from KPN and we will have a traditional internet installed, there is an appointment scheduled For that already.

it takes too much time to solve the fiber issue, so it’s more important to have any Kind of cable connection and we can switch that to fiber once it can be ready.

so Please do not look into it now since I hope it will be solved For now. Thanks!

@Magdalenap I`ll contact @Erwin_ and let him know it is okay for now. Will you update us once more once everything has been installed and is working properly?

Hi, after several calls KPN suggested that we have a normal cable internet, and that has been installed after 2 visits from a mechanic. We will switch to fiber when it is possible, but the priority was to have the internet. So it is solved now, Thanks!

Nice! Hopefully fiber will be available soon. But at least you have internet. :)

If you got andy further questions, please let us know.