Skip to main content

Hi KPN team, I will receive glasvezel internet to my house on 12 October. However, the fibre access point for my building isn't actually installed inside my apartment but instead in the communal utility cupboards outside my apartment in the hallway. Given the access point isn't actually installed inside my house, do I still need to pay the 75 euro fee for a technician? I would need help with passing that connection into my apartment so that my WiFi access point is in a usable location. Without a technician doing so the connection would be unusable.

Thanks, Will

Hi @Klutchasaurus, welcome.
The fiber optic connection is located in the utility cupboard outside your apartment. I expect this is the case for everyone. Installation in rental properties typically involves cooperation with the housing association, which grants permission for placement in the utility cupboards. In the case of owned properties, it often goes through the Homeowners' Association (VVE).

There is usually a conduit to your residence where the network cable can be pulled through. This can be done by an installation technician. If the connection cannot be established successfully, we offer installation guarantee, and a technician will be provided at no cost.

Hi @Bart_Z ,

Thanks for your reply. I already know that there isn’t a suitable conduit between the utility cupboard and the apartment with which I could personally pull the fibre in,  so I have already booked a technician to come on the start date of my subscription to help route it.

Does the installation guarantee mean that if the technician comes and agrees that it wouldn’t have been possible for me to install myself, that I won’t be charged the 75 euro fee?

Cheers, Will

Thats correct. :)