Skip to main content

De glasvezel is in my meterkast buiten mijn voordeur geinstallered in mei.
KPN zou plannen voor een monteur om het in mijn wooning installeren.
Heb lang gewacht - en gebeld, en niets is gebeurd.
Nu zegt Customer Services, dat ik heb te lang gewacht en dat ik moet de monteur kosten betalen!!!

KPN is net terug gekomen na gespreken waar ik had het gevraagd.
En meerdere gespreken met hele onvriendelijke Customer services leidt naar dat ze kunnen allen een monteur bestellen, en ik moet ervoor betalen!

Het feit is dat de glasvezel is niet in mijn kamer geinstallerd, en KPN hebben niet gereegeerd met afspraak om het te doen. En ik zit met slecht wifi en een onhandig oplossing!

Help!

Hallo @ilag , welkom op het KPN forum waar klanten elkaar helpen.

Als je in je profiel je privégegevens invult, kan een KPN-medewerker je sneller helpen.

Hoi @ilag . Ik heb gezocht met de gegevens in je profiel en ik vind een actief glasvezel abonnement.  Kijk ik niet goed?

Kun je meer context geven? Hoe is de situatie nu?

Hi Erwin,

Ik heb met de glas vezel monteur en smokkle gedan waarbij de modem is door een gat in de muur van de meter kast, connected zodat ik kon, met een weaker signal toch werken.  En had daarna, op zijn toewijzing, gebeld voor en afspraak voor de line in mijn woning te brengen. Zodat ik een goed signal krijgt in alle kamers.

Sorry I have to continue in English…
So I called KPN in May who would call me back with an appointment for the engineer to come and. install it, and weeks turned into months. And no one came.

The signal is weak in my bedroom, and at the end of the flat that is furtherest away from the front door.

At the moment, the modem is on a little box, next to the wall with the meter kast.
This is not an optimum solution.

I have had many aborted calls to KPN service, who say that they can onlly order a monteur to bring it into my apartment and I have to pay for the call out.

This is not reasonable, since KPN did not send the engineer or call back to arrange an appointment.

Okay.  But your line has been active since may(!) .  So I understand the reasoning of the helpdesk.  

What is it exactly that you need the mechanic to do for you?

The line has to be bought into my apartment. Right now i have had to link the modem through a hole in the wall and the Modem is sitting on a box next to the front door.
The signal is weak in my bedroom and at the end of the living room.
I would really appreciate it if the line can be pulled into the apartment, - through pipes that are present in the meterkast, so that the modem can be properly in my apartment.
This is also what the engineer said who came to ensure that there is a signal.

He confirmed that someone should come and pull the connection into the aparment.
As a stopgap, we made a temporary connection through the wall - which is not ideal.

I was told by customer services that it should have happened within 14 days of the line going live, and I called to make the appointment. But KPN/engineers did not call me back with an appointment. And I waited because I was told that they were really busy!!

So now, with problems with my WiFi, I ask if this can be done and should not have to pay for an engineer to do this, since it was KPN who have let me down.

The last few days, I don’t even have enough bandwidth to stream a tv show.

Please help or send someone to bring the line properly into my apartment

Hi @ilag .  So the fibre cable is now in your home and connected to the fibrebox?  Is the router placed near the fiberbox? If so, you can use a long ethernet cable and you may place the router whereever you want. This might improve your wifi. 

Hi Erwin, that is the problem. 
I have described that it is not in my home but in the meter cupboard outside my home.  
I only have a temporary connection through a hole in the wall.  An engineer has to pull the cable into the apartment - this is what KPN was supposed to have come and done. But they did not come or call me back to make the appointment.  
please help. 
seems that  customer service can only order an engineer - and I have to pay for this.  But the point is, KPN did not honour the commitment to install it in my apartment.  

please help.  

Do you have a photo of the situation?

Basically its like this: KPNNetwerk is responsible for the physical connection. 

Our mechanics are trained to hook up the modem etc and connect iTV.  Usually they are not responsible for transporting the fibercable in to an appartement. (although there are exceptions).

I need some photographs to better understand the situation.

Hi Erwin,

I would be happy to send pictures of my situation but not on this public forum for reasons of safety.
My WIFI reception is currently really bad.
Streaming just films is of very bad quality, or just stops.
And in my bedroom, there are areas that have no signal. (I live in a 60m2 apartment!).

Please let me know where I can send the pictures in a safe KPN environment.

@ilag  I've send you a private message with an e-mail adres