Skip to main content

Hello,

I have KPN Fiber for a few months now and the connection has always been fine. Yesterday we “lost” connection. We discovered that the gateway/Switch box (receiver) has a red light glowing (Alarm).

The following steps have been performed which have not helped:

1. Restart the switch box (including factor reset)
  2. Remove from power(stop kontak)
  3. Restart the modem router. 

Yesterday a technician came out to have a look but couldnt fine anything. They said they would call to make a follow up appointment (Still waiting on this call). No idea when this person will come to assist. 

Could there be an issue with the KPN Network NL Box (The white one that houses the fiber?) or if someone has unplugged us at the main fiber box? Could it possible also be an issue with the switch box.

Is there anyway to resolve this?

Welcome to the KPN forum @Jyson! Sorry to hear your connection is down. Normally when a support ticket is made you get a special number with an access code. You can use this to get in touch with the department that handles your case. Do you have this number?

If not, for anything else that requires a quick response I would recommend you to call 0800-0402. If you prefer service through our forum however, please fill out your forum profile and let us know here. 

That we we can find you in our systems and see what we van do to help. 

Thanks @Bram_ for your response. I have updated my forum profile. I am unable to find the case number. 

@Jyson in the ticket I see a new date for an engineer. This appointment is made for the 12th of August. I`m afraid until this time the Direct Online Pakket (4g wifi bundle) will have to replace the fiber connection as a temporary measure. 
I've sent a request to have you sent the phone number and access code again. Not every employee speaks perfect English so when calling please have someone speaking Dutch present just in case. 

@Bram_ thanks for your assistance Bram. Hopefully this can be sorted then!

@Jyson because there is a clear course of action I`m marking the topic as solved. In case you have any questions on the same topic later you can ask them here. The question will be picked up within 2 weekdays. 

HI @Bram_ .. so not surprisingly the technician never came out to assist us. We waited during our time slot between 4-7pm yesterday only to have wasted out time and be disappointed again.

We are on day 10 without internet, I am not sure what you can do about this situation. Would you advise that we move to a different service provider?

@Jyson I`m really sorry to hear about the engineer not arriving. I see that you've contacted our customer service on this through 0800-0402 and they've explained what the next step is. 

About your question on advice, at the moment my answer would be no. The transfer to a new provider would take a lot more time than we would take to fix the connection. Also you are still under contract.

When the malfunction is over we will reimburse you for the lost services. I know that doesn't make this moment any better. But a transfer is not the best course of action in my opnion, regardless of my status as a KPN employee. 

Morning @Bram_ 

Another disappointing start to the day. We tried to follow up on the case today with the access code provided, but this did not work as we do not have a 1 or 2 digit number that needs to follow.

Also when I called Saturday they said they would follow up on the situation and the fact that the technician never arrived on friday they would look into it on Monday (Today). I feel like they are not taking us seriously. It's a bit difficult to run our business from home, and work from home when you have a 4g wifi dongle. 

Should we get our own technicians out and send the invoice to KPN, would that help? Running out of options here.

Still having amazing service from KPN :) 

@Jyson i can see in our systems that a new ficticious date has been put into our systems while the exact nature of the problem is figured out. In response to this you will get a call to make a new definitive date on which the engineer will come to your house. 

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to speed up this process. So I`m afraid for now I will have to ask you to stand by untill we call you for that appointment.