Skip to main content

Hello,

I’m about to move apartments and, unfortunately, at my new address KPN doesn’t offer fiber optic yet (it will take about 2 months - allegedly), so they sent me the Mobile Wifi with 100 GB. When I told the customer support representative that both me and my partner work from home and we are often on video calls, so that 100 GB aren’t that much, she replied that it would be possible to recharge them for free. Now, this particular point is not written anywhere (not in the communications nor in the box) and I would like to have a confirmation, as otherwise I will switch to a different provider who has already the fiber available at my new address.

Thank you!

Hi @hnsn 

Normally a phonecall to KPN servicedesk on 0800-0402 should be enough. When you use your (mobile) number, registered as your contactnumber with KPN, the VRS (voice response system) should recognize this and ask you whether the “Noodpakket” needs to be recharged. The system will then take care of it.

Hi @hnsn 

Normally a phonecall to KPN service on 0800-0402 should be enough. When you use your (mobile) number, registered as your contactnumber with KPN, the VRS (voice response system) should recognize this and ask you whether the “Noodbundel” needs to be recharged.

Can I refresh it as many times as I want for free?  

Can I refresh it as many times as I want for free?  

Yes, I expect so, but I am a customer like you.

A KPN moderator will react in this topic in a day or so.

Hello @hnsn and welcome to this Community :)

Hi @hnsn 

Normally a phonecall to KPN servicedesk on 0800-0402 should be enough. When you use your (mobile) number, registered as your contactnumber with KPN, the VRS (voice response system) should recognize this and ask you whether the “Noodpakket” needs to be recharged. The system will then take care of it.

This is correct! Did you manage to get in touch woth our customer services? They have the oppurtunity to recharge your noodpakket. Basicly you can do this as many times as needed. Will you let us know if everything worked out for you?

Hello @hnsn and welcome to this Community :)

Hi @hnsn 

This is correct! Did you manage to get in touch woth our customer services? They have the oppurtunity to recharge your noodpakket. Basicly you can do this as many times as needed. Will you let us know if everything worked out for you?

Hey Jan, I didn’t try it yet - I wanted to understand if it was possible to refresh them for free as I expect to use 100 GB in about a week of working from home. If you don’t mind, do you know what would be the exact process (eg: which buttons I will have to push if I get an automated voicemail)? Not being able to speak Dutch, the KPN automated voicemail is one of the biggest obstacles in dealing with customer support.

Thanks!

If you call 0800-0402 it is gonna ask you in dutch to speak why you want to call KPN. If I'm correctly it understand english so saying "top up emergency package" should work. But if not try your best or use Google to say "noodpakket opwaarderen" 

If one of those options is successfully done then you receive an sms that within a couple of minutes your top up of 100gb is active.

If you call 0800-0402 it is gonna ask you in dutch to speak why you want to call KPN. If I'm correctly it understand english so saying "top up emergency package" should work. But if not try your best or use Google to say "noodpakket opwaarderen" 

If one of those options is successfully done the you receive an sms that within a couple of minutes your top up of 100gb is active.

Thank you very much! I’ll try it! :)

Hello @hnsn and welcome to this Community :)

Hi @hnsn 

Hey Jan, I didn’t try it yet - I wanted to understand if it was possible to refresh them for free as I expect to use 100 GB in about a week of working from home. If you don’t mind, do you know what would be the exact process (eg: which buttons I will have to push if I get an automated voicemail)? Not being able to speak Dutch, the KPN automated voicemail is one of the biggest obstacles in dealing with customer support.

Thanks!

Clear, thanks for the headsup @hnsn :)

If you call 0800 0402 and tell the computer you want to speak to an emplpyee (ik wil graag een medewerker spreken) the system transfers you to one of my colleagues who can fix this for you!

Reageer