Skip to main content

I received kpn box 12, what should I do if I only have a modem socket in my house.

Do I need to purchase a modem?
I am having trouble connecting.

Hi @tomoy ,

Hi, do you have fibre or a DSL connection?
In the case of DSL, the box 12 is the modem.
If you have fibre, there is an NT box in your home where the fibre goes in. That's where the network cable should go in, which you connect to the WAN port of your box 12.

Hello @tomoy can you please place a picture or pictures of your socket?

I thank you for your reply! Here it is

Hello @tomoy the KPN Box 12 is the modem, you do'nt need something else.

You need to connect the modem with the correct cable between the DSL-connection (grey) and the socket in the wal.

You need a cable with on both sides a RJ11-connector en a plug like the photo:

The end of that cable wit the RJ11-connector, you plug in in the DSL connection (grey) on the modem

Thank you but I can’t. I’m wondering why😭

Thank you in advance for your great help.

Might not be the lead line from KPN. Maybe it's a bridge that can maybe lead to your, we call it a Meterkast it's where the electricity is (fusebox?) Something that should look like this in your home?

Thank you for your information.

Meterkast is outside of my house…

U havent received a letter or mail where it's stated that a mechanic will install it for you? Or have you chosen the option to do the installation yourself? I think it's all in dutch, but might be wise to read it or translate it in google, if theres any mechanic scheduled.

Hello @tomoy Did you receive an mail or SMS that your homeconnection is ready to use?

If not, then your connection is not ready yet.

Hi @tomoy Welcome to the forum! Did you manage to install everything or do you need further assistance? You can always contact us to plan an appointment with a mechanic. You van call us on 0800-0402.Â