Skip to main content

Hi,

[English post, sorry.]

KPN has been a huge disappointment and at that point I am seriously considering to switch to Ziggo.

.1 I am paying for 50MB but later on I discovered that the maximum I can aspire is a poor and scarce unstable 21MB. Would be interesting to go more in depth in that discrepancy between what it is advertised and the actual service given. I am perfectly aware of the potential bottlenecks, but frankly less than half of the bandwidth is ridiculous.

.2 Should be enough? nah. Those scarce poor 21 MBs got more and more unstable and the average speed decreased; to the point that during the day is becoming rather frustrating doing basic browser navigation and it's almost unusable in case of a meeting. I have already restarted it multiple times over the past weeks, done the online troubleshoot (cable internet, Experia modem)
but it did not solve.

If that is the Quality of Service offered by KPN, makes no sense to continue paying for the double of the bandwidth, when less than it's half is usable in the reality.

Hi @GB175 . Welcome to the forum.

With fiberglass we can guarantee the connection speed. Sadly we can't with xDSL(copper).  

Do you measure with a cable or through wifi?

@Erwin_ Thanks!

It has been measured both via cable and wifi, I know that with fiberglass is stable, but I need a reliable DSL now :)

Currently the navigation is a very frustrating experience, okay having 21MB only but at least having them stable, I am plagued by: frequent slowdowns which impact simple browser navigation, streaming buffering often and having a simple zoom call is sometimes impossible (choppy voice, bad video quality, etc.)

On top of that, probably there is some double NAT beyond KPN, because I get often DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN errors.

You have two topics about the same issue. I will close this topic.  

@Thomas will be your moderator.