Skip to main content

Hi just looking for some help.

My husband had KPN in his name and cancelled (long story). The Internet stopped on the 27th December so I called and set up an account. The guy on the phone said we could use the Internet from Friday as we already have a previous modem? Is this true? Engineer visit is not until the 6th but we don't need it as we had working Internet until the 27th and nothing has changed except the name. I just need the signal turned on. I have 2 sick kids at Christmas time so if you can help in anyway we would appreciate it!

Hi  @Wejustwanttobrowse 

Please enter your customer number(s) and postal code and house number and telephone number in your forum profile, which is only visible to KPN and to you, so that you can be helped more quickly.

So don't post here but in the link that you can click.

Okay thanks, have done that now

@Wejustwanttobrowse Thank you for filling out the profile. I checked the order and unfortunately you will get a type of connection which needs to be activated by a KPN engineer. I can't speed up this proces and the line will be available on the 6th of januari. I activated a free 100 GB data bundle on the mobile number in your profile. You can turn your phone in to a Wifi Hotspot and connect other devices and stream Netflix and such. 

Hi thank you for that,

Can you explain why it needs an engineer if it is the same set up as we had before? We have the equipment which was already installed by an engineer and working until the Internet cancelled? I'm just confused as to why we need an engineer if it is the same and has no faults.

When we set up the guy on the phone told us that without the visit we should receive signal by today so I'm just confused.

Thanks so much

I checked the remarks attached to the order and it indicates that there is some kind of issue with the current patch/connection in the network distribution point in your neighborhood. This needs to be checked by a KPN engineer and can't be corrected remotely 😞 .    

Oh that wasn't explained to us on the phone. Thank you for your help!

I'm sorry that it wasn't properly communicated by phone and I'm also sorry about the timing of this. I wish you a pleasant day and please contact us if you need any further assistance!Â