Skip to main content

Hello, KPN Team and Community,

A few months ago (September 2023), I was pleased to see technicians working on installing fiber optic cables in my street and even entering my building. Shortly after, I received a letter from KPN indicating that a Fiber connection would soon be available at my address. However, it has been several months since the installation, and I have yet to see an option to upgrade to Fiber. Could you update me on when the Fiber connection will be activated for my building? I did signed up for the “KPN Alarm.”

Additionally, I have a question regarding using personal WiFi routers with the KPN Fiber service. I prefer using my router instead of the provided KPN router for my home network. Will it be possible to configure my router with a DHCP / RA setup at the WAN interface for IPv4 and IPv6 networks without neding PPPoE or any other tunneling protocol? I seek a straightforward configuration to maximize my network's performance and control.

Thank you for your assistance and for providing more clarity on these matters.

Best!

Will it be possible to configure my router with a DHCP / RA setup at the WAN interface for IPv4 and IPv6 networks without neding PPPoE or any other tunneling protocol?

No, PPPoE on VLAN6 en DHCP (IGMP Proxy) on VLAN4 are required for KPN.