Skip to main content

Installation has been done today. I was toldĀ the installation was for free! but now i have received an email with a bill of 85 Eur as monteursbon.

KPN client service cannot be reached by phone. What can i do?

Installation has been done today. I was toldĀ the installation was for free! but now i have received an email with a bill of 85 Eur as monteursbon.

KPN client service cannot be reached by phone. What can i do?

What kind of installation; new client, fiber or troubleshooting? Do you have confirmation of that free installation and by who?

KPN customerservice is available at 0800-0402 ( free )

New client

0800-0402 i have been trying since the morning. Not possible to reach though.

Did you buy a superwifi (acces points) from the technician? Because if he sold you one, and added 2x 15 minutes time that would total 84,50. But the ticket you received in your mail should explain where the cost are coming from.

They have a promotion now and the access points are for free so they should not have charged it

The free access points areĀ one of the welcome gifts. Did you opt for those Super Wifiā€™s or didĀ you select the other option: six months discount on your subsription fee?Ā Itā€™s one orĀ the other, not both.

Actually it is not either/or. We have both.

it is written in the agreement.

Services and prices

Internet speed 50 Mbit/s - ā‚¬42,50 /mnd

Your discount The first 6 months ā‚¬ 35 /month

KPN television 1 recipient-ā‚¬ 10.00 /month

Discount TV The first 6 months ā‚¬ 10 / month discount

Selected discount KPN Superwifi worth ā‚¬ 199

Extra entertainment Plus Package - Now: Free at KPN ITV

Total

First 6 months ā‚¬ 35,00 /mnd

ā‚¬ 52,00 /mnd After 6 months

KPN

@GutkurĀ 

But the ticket you received in your mail should explain where the cost are coming from.

So, whats the discription on the bill for the ā‚¬ 85,00 ?Ā 

I donā€™t know how you managedĀ that.Ā It should be one or the other, as shownĀ when ordering.

Kies je welkomstcadeauĀ  Ā =Ā  Select one of our welcome gifts.

Ā 

@RBxxĀ Het kan wel via een verkoopteam van KPN wat aan je deur komt, meestal na de aanleg van glasvezel in een wijk. Mijn buurman heeft die constructie ook via zo'n team afgesproken, dus met de 6 mnd. korting en 2 superwifi's gratisā€¦ā€¦...Hij welĀ šŸ˜

@HansaanZetĀ exactly what happened ā˜ŗļø

@GutkurĀ So the discription on the bill in your mail is :

Installationā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦...ā‚¬ 85,00Ā  Ā Ā 

@GutkurĀ So; InstallationĀ  -Ā  Ā  ā‚¬ 85,00Ā  ?

@HansaanZetĀ no it is not

an additional point (that is ok)

plus extra service??

i am in touch with KPN from Twitter.

i will write here when i learn why they charged thisĀ extra cost.

This is an example of a ticket i just did with costs (In agreement with the customer)Ā 

Under the left part "Extra Producten" is if you bought hardware from the technician, under the right part "Extra Installatiediensten" are free or paid services, like installation second tv, Extra time for a customer request or something else. In the "Opmerking monteur" should be an explanation why he did write costs.

After a long conversation in Twitter, here is the outcome:

They charged 35 Eur because they had to stay longer!!Ā This was because my laptop could not see the modem and he had to restart the whole installation again. This had to be done and he did.

From a customer perspective, KPN is responsible for the proper set up and the technicianĀ fixed it in the end. Charging for this is unacceptable.
Ā 

When i told this, they agreed to cancel half of 35 Eur! which to me does not still make sense. As a customer my connection was properly done when he finished the reinstallation. And it is not fair to be charged for that!

but anyway..

Thanks all for your help!

I wish you all a nice afternoon!