Skip to main content

Hi, I was using KPN with no problems at my old address but 15 days ago I moved to a new address and transferred my KPN subscription to the new one. However, I haven’t been able to have internet since there is no internet entry suitable for KPN, I bought some converters cables etc but none of them worked.

On December 5 a KPN technician came to my home and searched for the internet entry point/access point in my apartment and also in the common areas of the building but there was nothing. He told me there is coax entry in my apartment, but only Ziggo offers services for this and I can’t use it with KPN. In other words, he did his best but there was no solution, he called the Customer Service and made an appointment for me with one of the more senior and experienced technicians to come. He did show up on 13 December, but no success that day too.

I have emergency package from KPN now, but it’s also not properly working and giving me hard times while I’m working from home.

As a result of no solution from KPN, I have to cancel my subscription and change to Ziggo, since I know the old owners of the apartment used Ziggo as a provider and didn’t have any problems. I preferred KPN normally (funnily I switched to KPN from Ziggo at my old address), but that’s the only choice for me now at this new address.

Normally I have subscription that is valid till summer 2024, but I believe I shouldn’t pay a penalty for canceling this because I can’t get service from KPN. Who keeps paying for a service when they don’t actually get the service? So, it is not a volunteer cancellation but a must have one.

Can you please start my cancellation process? And inform me if I can do it without penalty due to not being able to receive service? If not I think I’ll seek for my consumer rights in the right platforms.

Note: Attached you can see the only access point available at my apartment.

Best,

Welcome to the KPN forum @bukedog!

I`m sorry to hear not having an ISRA in the home makes it impossible to keep KPN as an internet service provider. I can't cancel your subscription through the forum. There are however a couple of steps you can take to cancel.

If you are still within 14 days of the original date you were supposed to get services, you can cancel without any reason at all simply by calling 0800-0402.

If you aren't within the 14 days, we need a note from one of our engineers that there isn't an ISRA in the house. I`m going to assume the engineer that came by made that note. In that case you can also call 0800-0402. A customer service representative will see that installation isn't possible and will cancel the contract for you. One phonecall should be enough! 🙂

For more information, please check our website on cancelling your contract

Could you please let me know if my colleague on the phone was able to solve this for you?