Skip to main content

Hi,

my DSL connection should have been activated today, but when I connect my modem the internet light keeps flashing. I tried to reset the modem and it didn’t work. 
Could you check if the connection is actually working, please?

Sorry for the English and thank you.

Hi @giu_91, welcome! The connection should be up, but I see it's not working. Did you check if every cable is placed in the right position? If you push the reset button with a pointy thing, like a paper clip, it's still not working? Which modem did you receive from us?

Hi Marcia,

That doesn't look like an isra point at all, do you have one of these?

Hi Marcia,

sorry for the double text, but something went wrong with the first one.

I attached the pictures showing how I connected the cables.

I think that the previous tenant set up the DSL connection, so I just followed his wiring. I guessed that the ISRA box was outside the apartment and that the small box (that I circled in orange) is the one that should be used to connect the modem.

Should I change something?

I received the BOX 12 modem.

Thank you for trying to help. I was supposed to work from home today and I haven’t manage yet to set up the connection.

You need to follow the cable, I think from the pictures that it comes from the AOP, and I can almost certainly tell you that that is not the starting point from your DSL connection. Do you have an ISRA like on the picture I posted previously?

Thank you again for your help!

There is nothing that looks like the the picture you sent me. In the meter cupboard outside there is a bunch of wires, but nothing like the picture you showed me.

Just to give you all the info: if no dsl cable is connected to the modem, the internet light flashes mush slower than it does now (when I connect the supposed dsl cable). I don’t know if it is a useful information, but I don’t know what else to test or to do. I looked everywhere, restarted several times and since the previous tenant had kpn, I was expecting no issue in connecting the modem.

Could you please send somebody to fix this issue (if it’s on my side)?

Thank you 

Hi @giu_91, welcome! The connection should be up, but I see it's not working. Did you check if every cable is placed in the right position? If you push the reset button with a pointy thing, like a paper clip, it's still not working? Which modem did you receive from us?

Hi Marcia,

could you help me with the issue? I don’t know why the topic has been marked as “replied”. 

Hi, that doesn't look good at all. Somehow there is no connection between the modem and the ISRA. Looking at those cables that seem to be the main/ISRA point I can see why. I have ordered an engineer to sort this out. The engineer will come on Monday 02-01-2023, between 8 and 12 am. If needed, you can change the appointment through the link you wille receive by e-mail.

Hi, that doesn't look good at all. Somehow there is no connection between the modem and the ISRA. Looking at those cables that seem to be the main/ISRA point I can see why. I have ordered an engineer to sort this out. The engineer will come on Monday 02-01-2023, between 8 and 12 am. If needed, you can change the appointment through the link you wille receive by e-mail.

Hi Alex,

thank you so much for helping! I was trying to call the customer service but I can’t understand Dutch, so it was difficult…

I wish it was easier to solve because I need to work from home and I don’t have much MB left

Understandable, I just simply can't make anything of the cables in the photograph. :( 

Understandable, I just simply can't make anything of the cables in the photograph. :( 

I understand…Thank you anyway for taking the time to reply and arrange the visit of the engineer!