Skip to main content

Our internet is unstable, we have a bad connection and it keeps falling out. We have used the WiFi manger more than 10 times and it seems to only get worse even after the website says they have worked to improve our connection as shown by the speed tests conducted after. We have an official KPN modem and extender. We need a service person to check our equipment but KPN does not offer any service during Covid-19. We need internet to conduct our exams and have for months been paying for internet that does not work. We have consulted all methods on the KPN page and nothing worked. We have also used the chatbot but it doesn’t work since we don’t have sufficient internet connection. The number we have tried calling does not work either. My question is, what will you as KPN do to ensure we have WIFI in a period where it is crucial and make up for the months of bad WiFi when we have had to pay for hotspots through our phone providers in order to take our exams because you could not provide us with service? 

Hi Ella, welcome to the forum! Apologies for the late response, it's quite busy here. Sorry to hear you've been having wifi issues for a while now. To get an idea of where to find the cause I have a few questions for you. 

• Is your wired internet working as it should, or are you also experiencing issues with that? If you haven't tested, please do a wired speedtest and let me know what the result is.
  • Which version of the KPN Box do you have, and which extender (a white square, a white round or a black square)?
  • Where in your house are the Box and extender located?
  • How is the extender connected to the Experia Box?
  • How is your Experia Box connected to the signal entry point?

Please, also, fill in your forum profile and reply here when you've done so. Then I can check out your connection.

With regards to the phone number. Our, free, phone number is 0800-0402, and is in working order. It can be a bit busy, but usually no more than a few minutes waiting. Is this the number that you called?

Hi Ella, welcome to the forum! Apologies for the late response, it's quite busy here. Sorry to hear you've been having wifi issues for a while now. To get an idea of where to find the cause I have a few questions for you. 

• Is your wired internet working as it should, or are you also experiencing issues with that? If you haven't tested, please do a wired speedtest and let me know what the result is.
  • Which version of the KPN Box do you have, and which extender (a white square, a white round or a black square)?
  • Where in your house are the Box and extender located?
  • How is the extender connected to the Experia Box?
  • How is your Experia Box connected to the signal entry point?

Please, also, fill in your forum profile and reply here when you've done so. Then I can check out your connection.

You haven't come back, Ella. So, I assume you've succeeded in getting help. If not, feel free to come back here and I'll see what I can do :)