Skip to main content

I have a fiber internet connection from KPN which was 500Mb up/down.  I changed this to a 1Gb connection yesterday but this not impacted the internet speed in anyway.

Is it possible to confirm if this change has been implemented?  

Thanks in advance 

Paul

Hi @Pjones . Welcome to the forum.

Did you measure this with a cable or through wifi? Could you please measure with cable?

Thanks Erwin, I measured with cable and WiFi.  The screenshot I provided is directly from the router.

I actually reverted back to the 500Mb subscription as I don't any value in paying more money for the same speed.  If there is a way to confirm that I can get a 1Gb internet connection then I will happily pay for it.

Paul

Well, if you can order it, it should be technically possible. If you ever decide to order it again and have the same problems, let me know so I can analyse and hopefully fix the issue for you.

Thanks Erwin,
I have just re-ordered it and will let you know what the results are.

Paul

Hi Erwin,

FYI Simply moving back to the 500Mbps connection and then upgrading again to 1Gb has resolved the issue.

Paul

Oh, that's nice to know. Of course it should have worked the first time but I'm glad you managed to fix it this way. :-)

Hi Guys,

I am also facing the same issue, I ordered 1GB, but it is not upgraded from 512mbps. Could you please let me know the solution how to fix this issue?

Regards,

Umesh.

@internetspped : Could you fill out your profile and give me a sign?