Skip to main content

On my address the max speed is 26MB. This is very low when 200m further is the speed 100MB. Why is this still a problem in 2020 and the mobile phone can get ~40 MBs easy. I pay for 50 and get 26 :(

Hi @Decibelloud . Welcome to our forum.

I'm sorry to read that your internetspeed is as good as that of others in your neighbourhood.  Can you fill out your profile page and alert me after that? I will check if there are upgrades planned. 

(I'm assuming you're on a copper cable, as fiber should always allow the maximum capable speed)

To be honest, you're geographical distance does not directly equal the distance the copper cable may go. You have to remember that originally the copper cable was meant for analog telephony, this works pretty great even on longer distances. But a broadband connection over the same wire is much more limited by distance.

It's also possible you're connection comes from a different central then you're 200m away neighbor  connection, with perhaps different option's.

So to put it bluntly, it's still a problem because it was never originally designed/made for it.

You're mobile phone uses a completely different way of connecting, you're can't compare the 2, it's like comparing and apple and an egg, sure there both food's, but (except for some basic chemistry) there nothing alike.

That said, as Erwin_ mentioned there might be more option’s available to you, it’s also possible you suffer from a bad connection that can be fixed, KPN would probably need to analyze you're connection and see the option’s before it’s sure what's possible and if there's a potential problem.

We haven't heard back and I'm assuming you have enough information. Feel free to ask more questions.