Skip to main content

In no way can I express to you how disappointed I am with KPN and their ability to charge me more than 50 euros a month for an internet connection as slow as it would have been 15 years ago.

The KPN infrastructure in my area is still analog, so it takes 2 to 7 minutes for each page to load.

A while ago KPN had provided me with an extension unit which contained 4G sim however, I'm not seeing any difference especially when both the extension and the router are on the right distance between themselves.

There is no solution, no ISP is willing or has any intention of digging for a fiber, and it seems unlikely that KPN will see the benefit of digging and making the cable fiber or the customer happy.

It appears that I may have already paid the sum to dig and change the fibers after almost 3 years with KPN. Having this issue impacts my daily productivity, even though I'm paying as a normal user who pays according to the value of the subscription.

Hi @rchaoul and welcome to our forum. I can understand the disappointment if your internet speed isn't up to… speed. 😅

We are connecting homes to our fibre network, but this is a lengthy process and it takes awhile. KPN Netwerk is the party in charge of our fibre network, so you can enter your address on the KPN Netwerk website to see if a fibre connection is planned. If not, keep checking it regularly. Hopefully there's good news there someday soon. 

The 4G router (Sneller Internet Buitengebied) adds some speed to your existing connection. However, this is done through the cellular network so it's not as stable as a regular internet connection. This means that the speed can fluctuate. There are some ways to improve the connection: 

• Put the 4G router near a window, and keep an eye on the lights near the 4G text. There should be three, and the connection works best when all 3 of them are burning. Try moving the router around your house to see where the best connection is
  • If you’re mainly using WiFi you can use our Wifi Manager to improve things there

If these tips don't work, let me know! We may not be able to get it up to fibre connection speeds, but some improvement should be possible.Â